Second grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Envious1, Aug 1, 2017.

1. That crazy stretch is called “flower stretch” it’s the plants last attempt to get as much growth in as possible before slowing down on stretch and putting more concentration on flowering. It’s actually quite common for plants to do that so no worries if your concerns are being to close to the light might I suggest a little tug on the main branch a little lst goes a long ways in growth control. But aside from the foxtails they look pretty good, now that you know how to prevent that you’ll know what to do on your next grow but just keep in mind that foxtails are common with sativa strains and most common in diesel strains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks good to me.. I am having problems with my first grow so just holding my breath I can get them to harvest but that is at least 6 or 7 weeks out..... but good job on your grow!!!!!!

3. @Kneehigh85 - do you think I have a ways to go still then?
    Thanks roccus my last grow didn't end up well but the more grows you put under your belt the better it gets..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would say you have a few more weeks but i could be wrong looks like you have about 85-90%clear and maybe 10-15% cloudy but the pics don’t do too much justice so I can’t really tell for sure. How long have they been in flower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I'd say check again in two days. I've got some amber trichomes starting on my Anubis. It's been flushed for 6 days now.

Those still look mostly cloudy with too much clear left. I'd say 80-100% cloudy would be the earliest I'd harvest.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  6. How are the trichs? Yours look ahead of mine, and mine should be ready by the beginning of next week.

7. no ambers but they are getting cloudy,I just see an awful lots of white pistils though. Does that matter at all?

8. Not sure.

I'm getting antsy with my plant tho. Since it's all cloudy and partly amber, I wanna harvest the one. But the plant has been plushed for 10 days and is showing no signs of deficiencies or yellowing.

9. Yeah I don't know. I'm going to chop it this weekend I think. Unless someone thinks I should wait. I'll upload pics tomorrow. If you're seeing Ambers I think id chop

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sounds good! Post up them trichs!

And I'm probably going to harvest in the next several days too. Just the one plant.

11. I smoke to much today to take photos of the trichs, lol I've been trying and everything is blurry.

So I took these but I'm unsure of what to do because there are lots of white pistils left, but the leaves they're are all dying and not new growth, so I don't want to lose the plant either and Ron ruin the buds.

Alright I'm out !!! going to eat brownies

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. from what I have read they say go by the trichs that is more important.... sweet looking grow for sure

13. Well so far ive only found 1 Amber trich, but they are all pretty much cloudy. I think I'm going to chop today. I need to make room anyways.

14. How many plants you have in there??... just a thought, take 1/2 of them now or maybe leave at least 1 plant then wait a few days to a week then take the rest to see if there is a difference so you will know for your next grow...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Same

I really need more room. One Anubis takes up 50% of the 2.5x2.5 and they're stretched to the top of the tent since the tent is only 5 feet tall. My light is 3 inches from touching the top of the tent... I'm probably gonna chop one today and see how that one dries and cures.

Lookin great tho! Keep us updated! I wanna see pics of the plants in respect to things around it to see how big they are.

People say my plants look tiny in pics, but they're huge in person.

How are you planning on drying and curing these beauties?

16. I'll take some pics with the tape measurer tomorrow. I got busy with other projects today. It seems like the neighbors were putting there lights up so guess who asked me to put ours up too. Lol

Right now I have my sour diesel and the strawberry cough in there but I have the opportunity of taking a pineapple Express and a girl scout cookie that need to be flowered. A buddy of mine is moving and can't take them, he moves this coming Thursday so I have to grab them before then or he's cutting them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I built a box to do in. It's 2x2x4. With a oscillating fan.
    So I cut and roughly cleaned it up and hung in my the box. I'll check them everything until dry on outside and then I'll clean them up some more and put them in 1L Mason jars and cure it in the drying box

• Like Like x 1