second grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by realdozzy, Mar 4, 2013.

1. I am just starting my second grow. My first grow has turned out ok so far and is just a few weeks off harvest now. They are auto#1 seeds. I have now decided to move onto photoperiod seeds but i am going to need a bit of help with these. As i have not grown these before i need to know what the length of veg is for photoperiods and when to change the lighting to flower them. And also what is the lighting sequence for these. I know that to get them to flower i have to change lighting to 12/12 but not sure about before that. The seeds are (icecream, and cheese.) Any help is greatfully received.

2. 18/6 on/off or 24 hours on for veg. I do 24 hours, easier because I dont have to remember to turn the lights off.

When to start flowering is totally up to you. Some people do it by nodes, some by plant size and some by time. I do it by time/nodes.

I would run it under veg atleast 2 weeks minimum. Some do shorter some longer for various reasons. Some also go by the when its half the size I want, time to flower. Its not an exact science really its more of what your going for. (longer veg, larger plant more bud sites, shorter veg less bud sites but more manageable size plant)

3. im going for a bigger yield so would that be a longer veg = more buds. when do i start the plants on veg is that from seed or have i gt to wait till they are a certain height then start veg. Really not sure about this.

4. Im also looking at doing topping and super cropping at some point during the grow. But maybe only do it on some of the plants just to see the difference in the 2 groups when they have been harvested.

5. Longer veg is a larger plant which in theory can produce more bud yeah.

You do 24 hours on or 18 on 6 off from the seedling.
    How I do it is germinate the seeds in paper towel, when tap root pokes out I put them in a tiny planter pot, covering them just barely with soil. (ive found putting them even a little too deep can sometimes end up in a no grow) Water and I usually put plastic wrap over the top to keep the top of the soil moist. (you can air it out during the day if your worried about mold or anything)

Once it looks like its a real plant and not a seedling you can take the plastic off and run it like a normal plant. CFL lights about an inch to 2 inchs away, HPS about a foot away. Keep a fan on it to help strengthen stem and keep temps cooler.

Cant help with topping, ive done it before mostly by accident. I have never killed a plant, just doubled the main growing shoots :p (even ripped one strait down the middle before, string to tie it together, root hormone/water in the split and it branched into 4 main stalks and kept on goin)

They pretty much are in veg once they are a seedling. Your worrying too much :)

Germinate seeds, put into your growing medium and put lights above at correct height. Make sure the growing medium doesnt get too dry or too wet and 3 weeks to a month later transplant it to a larger container (if you do that) and start flowering.

Vegging is mostly up to you, wait until its got a few nodes growing and you can put it into flower almost any time you want. If you wait until the plants 2.5 feet tall and put into flower youll end up with 5 to 8 foot tall plant. If you flower it at 1 foot, 2 to 3 feet tall probably.

6. Thanks ChaoticCrux thats a great help. when its written down like you have put it its does not sound that difficult. I will deffinately keep ure info 2 refer back 2 as i go along and i will also post a journal on here so that you can see how they are doing. Thanks again.

7. Yeah I am just harvesting 1 of my 7 plants today :)

People hurt their plants by over thinking and over doing.

If you keep to basics, plant in soil, water, light. Then just keep up with watering you cant go wrong. Post a link here when you start your grow journal if you can so I can find it easy :) I ought to do a grow journal sometime again, got annoyed when overgrow was taken down and all my logs vanished :( Kinda a buzz kill for doing it anymore :p