Second Grow - still learning

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by napkin, Sep 26, 2008.

1. I grew some indoor bud and I let in light during flowering and made some other mistakes and ended up with 1.5 ounces from 3 LST'd plants and the bud sucked. I decided I would give outdoor growing a chance but started kind of late. I think it was the middle of July when I started. I germinated 11 seeds and figured I could plant them all in a small plastic storage container filled with soil until they were a few inches tall then separate them into seperate pots. That obviously wasnt a good idea. Then I couldn't make it out to check on them for 1.5 or 2 weeks and my now ex growing partner just bitched about all the mosquitos and crap so he didn't go check on them. It did rain a couple times but the small peat pots I had them in didn't have enough soil or surface area to retain enough moisture. Every one died. Right after that I started one more and grew it on a ledge outside my window for a couple weeks. Then I got some chicken wire for the animals and put it in the ground in a little clearing in the woods. I only gave it water with ferts once. Bugs ate a bunch of the lower leaves. It also didn't get enough sun light where it was. Last night me and a friend went out there at 2 in the morning and dug it up and transplanted it into a 5 gallon bucket and brought it back to his place because it turns out its a female. Its small and probably won't produce much bud but my friend says he swears he saw some of the small top bud leaves grow since last night so it seems to be taking the transplanting pretty well. We're probably gonna be starting some new seeds in the next few days, doing another cheap soil and cfl grow but hopefully with better results than last time.

Attached Files:

2. looks realy stretchy dude, just read your first grow and you had 3/3 females, your a lucky man, you probably had bagseed from a female that was polenated by a hermie, meaning you ended up with 3 feminized seeds, if you wanted to know that is, im pretty high and i think thats AMAZING

3. Lol ik im 4/4 with females. I think the marijuana gods love me. Me and my friend clipped the buds off of it and smoked them. Gave us a pretty slight high because they were only a couple weeks old. We decided to set the lights to 24 hours and re veg it to LST it and get clones to flower. Even though the buds were only a few weeks old they were pretty frosty so we figure we will sacrifice the first plant to produce multiple females that we can grow them properly and get a decent harvest.

4. Haven't posted an update in a while. Mainly because I was sure the plant was going to die. I think almost all the leaves died and fell off the plant. It must have been rebuilding the root system because it has exploded with new branches in the past month or so since we dug it up. I think the plan is to veg it for a while and take clones before we flower this one. Sorry about the poor quality pic. It's from my cell phone. Next time I visit it (it's at a friends house) I'll bring my digital camera.

Oh and the gross looking jugs are just yeast CO2 generators that foamed over. They seem to work alright since its a really small closet.

Attached Files:

5. So long story short, my friend had to go out of town for a few weeks. Gave the plant to a friend but she couldn't hold it long enough so she gave it to someone else. They got it confinscated. Will probably try another outdoor grow this spring.