Second Grow, same problem: older plants droop HELP please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tartoodle, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Howdy all. I've researched the site but dont see this problem.

this is my second grow. First grow produced nice buds, BUT not much yield. The plants start out gorgeous - plump leaves, green and happy. As they get taller and fuller, the leaves start to droop. still green. details:

indoor under plenty of CFLs (I use HPS later for flower) 20 hrs on/ 4 off
    2 gallon pots
    Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil
    NO nutes, except one top dressing of composted cow manure. First grow I think I over nuted them, so I am being cautious this time.
    I water only when the pot is light in weight.

See how nice the smaller plants look? the bigger one seems to have really slowed down growth and leaves are droopy.

2. hmmmmmm lets try the pic once again

Attached Files:

3. Not sure but what is up with the light cycle? 20 hours on and 4 off? Never heard of that before.. It's usally 24/7 or 18/6 for veg.

Don't know, maybe that could have something to do with it?

4. Only thing i can think of is heat stress.

What is the temp in your cab?

5. could be heat. I have a fan in there blowing directly on everything.
    No CO2.
    I'll work on the heat - thanks.

6. Looks over watered. How often do you water? If its more then one a week its probably to much.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

7. The one in the pic looks fine.

The other one tho... Are you noticing that you are watering and it perks up and then within in a day or two its dropping (like it is now) like it needs water?

8. YES this is what it does. I water when the pot feels very light. 2-3 times a week. too much???

9. watering 2-3 times a week isnt good. Like OshGoshKaBosh said, you may need to transport your plants into bigger pots, your roots may be binding, stunting growth. Binding roots along with improper ventilation might make your plants droopy.