Second grow going too well........seriously!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chopperhead, Oct 1, 2010.

1. I have a "growing" problem. HA! I have 4 Haze clones in their 12th day of flowering and they wont stop getting taller. I cant bend them over cause I have 5 really nice Indicas sharing the space. I am using a HomeBox with a 400w HPS. There is only about 1 ft left before I run out of space up top. Should I stop using the growth fertilizer and only use the bloom fetilizer. I will post some pics below.

P.S. I am still really green so no big words please

Glad to be a part of Grasscity!

Attached Files:

2. plants will get 2-3 times their veg size during flowering

3. So I'm kinda screwed Huh. I guess I will just let em grow till they are too close to the light, harvest them, and give the little guys a little more room. Damn!

4. This is hilarious. Now, you could stop the nutes and go into bloom, but it seems like you have super plants and it would be a darn shame to stop them from growing to their full potential.

Too awesome - you made my Friday.....

5. Thanks Motherhugger,

When you say stop the nutes, do you mean the growth nutes or all of them. I am already in 12-12 cycle. I am using Plagron Terra Grow/Bloom at 5ml per liter. I am really proud of these suckers. Even more so since my first grow looked like a charlie brown cristmas tree. I would really like to get the most out of them. Thanks for your help.

6. you can tie the main cola over at a slight angle but not too far to break the stem

7. Try supercropping. There are plenty of how to videos on You Tube. The gist of it is you pinch the branches and fold them over without breaking them at a strategic point a few inches below the grow tip. It will slow down vertical growth for a little bit and possibly open up some new bud sites. It is more ideal to do it in during veg and it does stress the plant some but you already headed towards a greater degree of plant stress if you have to chop the tops early or start burning your buds.

Once the branches recover from being pinched they will start growing towards the light again so you will probably have to do it more than once. Once you get through the flowering stretch you should be able to leave it alone. It will cost you some bud size on the colas you pinch but on the flip side if you do it right it will open up other bud sites to the light and you will recover the volume with more smaller buds.

Mangling a healthy vigorous plant was counter to everything I strive for in growing my own smoke but I knew I had to do it when I faced a similar predicament as yours. Well cannabis can take a lot of abuse and my plants healed themselves up and just kept on going. I told the plants it was hurting me more than it was hurting them but I was doing it for their own good. It made me feel a little better at least.

It's just an idea for you to consider. Good luck with whatever you do.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F2M_s6vPVM]YouTube - tokin daily: supercropping the bcd[/ame]

9. Thanks everyone. I'm gonna try the super-cropping. I think the Scrog is a little above my level right now, but here's to the future. I'll post some pics about half way through. It looks like I have some nice flowers on the Haze but my Cream Caramel are late bloomers. Patience is part of the process, right?

10. You can just pinch the stems also, really the same thing as super cropping though.

I'm not sure if that's going to be enough though. Thinning them out might help a little too. Especially the lower leaves that aren't getting light.