Second grow, first log: DWC under LED, Mars vs Meizhi, DNA Genetics vs Paradise Seeds, W/ Fox Farms+

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by heyimpaul, Feb 24, 2018.

1. #41 heyimpaul, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Day 77.

Day 21 of flower.

Image1526261073.879798.jpg
    Image1526261104.375446.jpg
    Image1526261146.823372.jpg

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think we’ve got burnt tops on the OG. I guess the meizhi runs hotter? Or is that something else?
    Image1526261209.381605.jpg

Ppm:615 on OG / 780 on acid

Ph:5.75

Water temp:71

Temp: 78 (The further up the plant reaches in the tent, the higher the temp. I tested the very top of the tent at 90)

Humidity: right around 30% (fluctuates a lot because the dehumidifier is a beast and I only run it for about 2 hours at a time.

Officially ran out of room in the tent. Set up a double scrog layer yesterday. Wasn’t wanting to do this because res changed just got a whole lot more difficult. For the flush I’m reading you need to run 0 ppm water for about 2 weeks before harvest. The only option I see now is to slide a tray under the buckets and drill a hole in the bottom of the bucket. I’m about to make a mess. I picked up some of these from they local hydro store today though... Image1526261792.836321.jpg
    Which will allow me to keep an eye on my water levels without cracking the lid too. The acid is still stretching and I would like it to stop. Drinking water much faster right now than the OG.

Believe it or not, it’s the shorter plant that got the possible heat burn.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful moms out there and these future mother plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. #42 heyimpaul, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Day 77 update.

I moved some stuff around.
    Image1526270135.273447.jpg
    Slid the buckets apart.
    Moved the fan directly in the middle of the buckets.
    Turned the fan all the way up.
    The fan is gently touching the buckets, slowly massaging my girls bottoms. Caressing them ever so gently.
    Tied the carbon fan up as high as I could get it.
    Got the lights higher than I could get them.
    All is well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Day 80.

Got my snips today and 250 ml of Bud Factor X & Bud candy . I’ll be adding both with plain ph’d water to equal out to a little less than half strength in the res.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looking good! You should make a journal so anyone can follow along!

5. #45 heyimpaul, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Thanks again! I thought I was making a journal, is there a separate category for that? I might do that for the next grow.

Which already started! I germinated another acid by paradise seeds (I’ll be running this back to back to back so I can see how I’ve improved or any places I went wrong) & a fem Red Diesel by Barney’s farm.

I thought of the perfect idea for a 4x2 tent. I can successfully knock about a month off my turnaround time once I start doing this. So I ordered a 60 watt 5000k corncob bulb and an adjustable 150w light bulb holder. I am planning on attaching it to the fan between the buckets. This way not only will I have an extra 60w underneath the canopy, shedding light above and below the plant, but I can also fit my propagator perfectly between the buckets. So I’ll start running the next 2 about 4 weeks before harvest (I got excited and jumped the gun this time going 5 weeks before harvest).

Which means I’ll have 2 x 4-5 week old girls ready to go into the 5 gallon res immediately after I chop these down. The lighting is on 12/12 now for flower right, so that should ease the seedlings into life. After harvest, I can switch to 20/4 lighting with only the 300w leds and pull the bulbs back out for flower.

You might be thinking they’ll get too big for the propagator in that time. You might be right. What I am going to do is lay about a 2 inch layer of hydroton around the rockwool in the propagator. To shield the roots from light and give them something to hold on to. Now I don’t know if this is going to mold or if I’ll have some other problems come up but I plan on leaving the bottom of the propagator with a layer of lightly fertilized ( just of few drops of the micro nutes) water.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Need some cal mag.
    You are actually just posting on someone else's journal that was started quite a while ago so the only people to see this are people reading this person's journal. If you look at the top of this page or any journal and it will say "+ post new thread". Click that and you can create your own that people can find by clicking on your profile. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Be careful lighting from underneath I learned the hard way. Not going to tell you not to which is what was done to me but I will say watch very closely with in a day or two you will start to fry your leaves. They are not made to take in light from the under part of the leaves and they will burn. If it burns shine it from the sides downward so it's not hitting the underneath directly.
    Also be careful with putting your seedlings under 12/12 they will grow immediately into flower people do this all the time for a fast grow. When you flip back to 20/4 they will reveg and that takes a while! I have two monster crop clones (clones taken from a flowering plant) over 2 months so they are just now fully revegged and growing normally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cal mag has 2 votes now. I’ve been filtering the tap water (not run through the water softener) with a britta filter. Knocks it down to roughly half the pollution. Do you think if I stopped filtering, it would help take care of the cal mag deficiency? Calcium and magnesium are rather large elements, more than likely easily pulled out by a carbon filter.

I am the OP though, I might have started the journal in the wrong category but I didn’t see an option to change it to grow logs or even hydro grows when I was setting it up.

Do you think 4 weeks of 12/12 lighting from seed would push the girls too far along in flower to be re-veged? And what’s the usual rebound time for re veging?

9. First off so sorry it usually says journal owner by their name got confused!
    Not sure about the water fixing the cal mag but right about half way through flower or so seems they always yell for some cal mag.

A week is too long for those babies under 12/12 by 4 weeks they will be half through flower. My monsters were cut at 3 weeks into flower and it was 40+ days before they were growing any normal leaves. As of now she is finally growing at a normal speed. Unfortunately the only way to have a perpetual harvest is two tents. Getting through 2 weeks with the babies under a little cfl wouldn't be bad but trying to grow 4 weeks with out a good light of their own will be hard.

My first two harvest I filled the tent with plants that would be harvested at the same time. Now I have it set that every 30 days I will be adding 2 new plants to the flower tent and harvesting two. But I have 2 tents. Now that the weather is nice here I'm actually vegging outside to save on electricity during the summer.

10. Well I might have jumped the gun big time. I’ll see what I can do. Maybe topping early would help? I only did 1 top on each of these girls; at the 7th node.

I live in a shoe box so another tent is out of the question. A 4x8 is in the plans though. Good call on veging outside.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Went ahead and ordered some cal mag. Figured I’d stick with the same brand. Botonicare or however you spell it. And because I tend to overdo everything, I also got some liquid karma from botonicare as well. Totally forgot to order the calibration solution which I needed more than both. Fuckin stoner.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Topping will slow the growth shocking it a little. That mixed with a reveg time will put you at about the speed my monsters have taken to turn around.
    Maybe yours will turn around faster than mine did!

13. So you’re saying there is a chance

14. Your plants will make it no problem but will need time before they will be normal growing reveged. When it comes to starting them in 12/12 because you wanted to have some ready to go when your harvest was done well that is just not going to happen :( But hopefully they take less than the two months mine have taken to turn around after revegging and topping them. In the end you will be able to flower them but you didn't save yourself any time and this 2 month time frame starts after you harvest and put them on a normal light schedule :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. Or look into 12/12 from seed maybe that's something you want to just keep going with?

16. Day 84.

Day 28 of flower.

Image1526860583.517775.jpg
    Image1526860622.296861.jpg
    Image1526860682.937484.jpg
    Image1526860733.344242.jpg
    Image1526860783.301157.jpg

Ppm:1088 on OG / 1210 on acid.
    [*]On the home stretch of the fox farms cycle, still feeding half strength but with a little over half tiger bloom. The ppm bump was also in part due to the bud factor x and bud candy.

Ph: Waiting on calibration solution, trying to keep it where I think it should be.

Water temp:72

Temp: 84 The higher they got, the higher the temps in the tent got. I added a 6 in clip fan but it still gets too toasty.

For the attempted perpetual grow...
    Barney’s Farm red diesel vs Acid by paradise seeds...
    100% germination rate soaking for 22 hours in pH’d 5.57, 158 ppm colder than I would like it, tap water.
    Moved the seeds into a paper towel for about 2 days.
    Moved the seeds to ph’d rockwool soaked in 5 drops of micros on day 3.
    They will be getting the supplemental 60w bulb underneath the canopy in 2 days.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Looking real good!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well I don’t plan on it. After this run I’ll more than likely start germinating 2-3 weeks in advance depending largely on how well the under-canopy lighting goes.

I do have a few autos that might come in handy

Just got the 60w bulb today..... lol
    Image1527026145.954249.jpg
    For some reason it’s just bigger than I expected. Oh well hope they like it.

• Agree Agree x 1