Second grow, first log: DWC under LED, Mars vs Meizhi, DNA Genetics vs Paradise Seeds, W/ Fox Farms+

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by heyimpaul, Feb 24, 2018.

1. I wouldn't be changing your distance because of flower. Your goal is the most light your plant can handle. Actually changing the light that dramatically can and eventually will burn your plants. As for distance for this auto only your plant can tell you that each strain is different. Some I have noticed burn easily and some do not. I have a veg room of different stains and am just learning that. I prop some up to keep everyone at the right height.
    Find your plants "sweet spot" and keep it there as she grows! Don't just drop to 12" because of flower your are wasting growth during your veg if they can take more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The manufacturer says 18” veg 12” flower but I get what ur saying I also av 3 plants 2 strains both autos it seems I’ll be trying to keep it were it is for now maybe inch it a bit closer each day ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Yes an inch a day is perfect when you see any light burn stop and back up an inch or two. Then keep at that height as they grow. Sometimes they are more prone to light burn once you got buds so continue to watch for burn through out. Don't want your flowers burnt at all if you possibly can. Good luck man!

4. Yeah pal sounds like a plan if I get stuck I’ll give ya a shout cheers mate all the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is this too close for a 300w led in flower?
    Image1525056683.982112.jpg
    Image1525056708.317818.jpg

The manufacturer says the same as above 18” for veg 12 for flower but they have the same ratings for their more powerful lights. Not sure if that’s light burn or not. Can you tell?

I keep scooting the light up a little but the OG keeps coming for it and Im running out of room vertically. I’ve read the stretch should stop in a week or 2

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Looks like heat burn. The leaves are taco shell curling along with the burnt ends. If you can't get a fan between the light and top of plant to control temp definitely back your light up. As for space they do usually stop by week 2-3. If your running out of room consider scrog or super croping?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Day 63.
    Day 7 of flower.

Image1525056958.833577.jpg Image1525056986.561143.jpg
    Image1525057030.360056.jpg
    Image1525057065.683947.jpg

Ppm: 520
    Ph: 5.7
    Water temp:-
    Temp: 76
    Humidity: 58%

I plan on doing some lollipopping in a few days. Trying to clean off the bottom third. Buddy is wanting some clones so I’m waiting on him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. They look good!
    If your temp is 76° in the space between the light and top of your leaves back those lights up a bit. If it's just 76° in your tent then still likely heat burn. I have a fan that oscillates directed between the light and plant tops in addition to my other fans. Try that if you can otherwise back em up.
    Looking good though!

9. #29 heyimpaul, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Thank you! If you look closely in the first of the 4 pics above you can see the probe on the back wall of the tent between the plants. So it’s 76 at canopy height, but not under direct light.

I moved the lights up an inch anyway. There is a Honeywell 7” fan that moves a good amount of air down below between the buckets. Idk the cfm but if keeps the plants wiggling around enough to not mold.

Oh yeah probably should get a small clip on fan for above the canopy though. Next on the grocery list is a dehumidifier
    Would do a double scrog layer but then I’m not sure how I could do a res change.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Day 70.

Day 14 of flower.

Image1525651302.992947.jpg

Florida OG
    Image1525651374.364662.jpg

Acid
    Image1525651412.063933.jpg

Acid by paradise seeds is taking her time blooming but the OG is doing it’s own thing.

Ppm: ave. 650

Ph: ave. 4.4 (too low)

Water temp: 72 (about to drop, fresh water comes out right around 58

Temp: 75

Humidity: 57

Just borrowed a dehumidifier today so we’ll see how that goes.

Update: my ph pen could be out of whack, I don’t have anymore calibration solution.

Also I’m thinking I’ll pull this grow off without an inch to spare vertically. It’ll be close.. the tallest branches might have some light burn.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Looking really good man!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thank you!

13. Those lights are nice if u dont 600-800watts or w/e they are cant remember off top

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

14. **go over

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

15. If you bump your pH up to 6.3, you'll see a huge difference in how your plants grow/look. You don't need a dehumidifier, at all. In fact, 60-65% is perfect & again, you'll see a size difference in your cola sizes.

Source: Hydro grower of 5+ years.

16. #36 heyimpaul, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Really? Everywhere I’ve read says the ideal ph range for hydro is between 5.5-6.0. I’ve read the ideal range for soil or coco is between 6.0-6.5. I’m not saying you are wrong I’m just wondering if this is accounted for.

The humidity has been creeping up into the upper 80s when the lights go off. Could that cause mold on the buds? I’ve got a decent amount of air flow but it is still in a closet lol. I don’t want moldy clothes either. My bad I should’ve posted this in the original weekly update.

Can I ask where you’re from or at least what’s your climate like? I saw some cheap ones on amazon that might work strapped in the top of the tent where the humidity is the biggest problem.

View attachment 2442183
    View attachment 2442184

I guess the problem I’m having here is the same with most information at this day in age. It’s flooded with both versions. Lol hopefully by the end of this thread we can figure out the real ideal range.

I actually did think about this, I’ve got a little ph chart printed out by the tent. It’s the first of the 2 pics I’ve been going by right... so I was thinking lowering the ph a little more than normal for the beginning of flower. I noticed phosphorus concentration was boosted up to enter flower, so I thought maybe if I bring the ph down to the ideal uptake range for the phosphorus, it’ll really tell the plant “hey let’s go make buds”. Idk

• Like Like x 2
  17. The chart I’ve been using
    Image1525773774.777592.jpg

Just found this
    Image1525773799.942326.jpg

Not sure why my photos lock on updates.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Do Iam guessing coco falls under the soilless chart

Currently growing Sour Chiesel

• Like Like x 3
  19. 80% is quite high for flowering buds. Clones would be ok but they are good with 70%. I personally live in Michigan and I have a lack of humidity problem. I would get you a dehumidifer for when your lights go out the closer you get to the end of flower you could for sure mold at those levels. Ph is low but you knew that. Interesting reason why! It's all about learning your doing awesome!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Anybody ever tried a cheap one off amazon? A decent one runs about $200.