Second grow but first DWC grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hydrobusa, Nov 16, 2011.

1. So this is my second grow attempt ever and on top of that my first attempt with a deep water culture system (DWC). My first setup was a closet 3 1/2 ft x 2 ft, I used four 90 watt CFL lights with flat white walls in place of mylar. I germinated seeds and started my plants using an aerogarden then transplanted them when they were about six inches into Fox Farm ocean forest soil. although my first grow was successful it wasnt exactly what I had hoped for. after talking with some seasond veterans I figured out what i had done wrong, such as lights being to far from the plant, wrong nutrients ect. I ended up with a yeild of only ten grams... Like I said it was my first time and made a lot of mistakes, but I had a great time making them and learned a lot from them.

Now I have a similar amount of space this time lined with Mylar, more powerful lights and I am now using the hydroponics system I just mentioned so I'm hoping for a much better end result.

My first question is why didn't my seeds take in rockwool? I tried germinating in rockwool originally, I adjusted the ph of my water placed the seed in the rockwool cube and placed it in a humidity dome four days went by and nothing so I resorted to the old paper towel method and the seeds germinated and I am now looking to place them in my rockwool cubes.

My second question is; after the seedlings sprout do i have to water the cubes with any type of nutrient until the roots show and I can place them in the DWC system? I just feel as if the seedling wont be able to survive in the rockwool with just water?

2. I have never had good luck with rock wool cubes for germinating. Not sure why? I do know you are supposed to soak them for like 24 hrs. before hand in ph'ed water. I guess their ph is all F'ed up out of package. Maybe why. Good luck with the DWC.

3. Thanks I appreciate it.

4. pics pics pics???

5. Last grow or what I have so far?

6. nice, any on current grow?

7. just the set up nothing started yet.

8. Got a couple more updated shots. I'm wondering if i should water the seedling with some kind of nutrient or not, also when should I transplant it to the DWC set up?

Attached Files:

9. Oh and I'm just using a 23 watt CFL at the moment running it about two to three inches above the seedling just to get it started

10. Subbed! Any updates buddy? Also what strain are you growing. I have experience with hydro growing so if you have questions i'll try and help ya as much as I can. U can also check out my current super sour og grow for pointers. ;) happy growing!

11. The seedling you see is from Delicious seeds, the strain is called Fruity Chronic Juice. I'll give you more details when I get home, I'm at work right now.

12. [quote name='"hydrobusa"']The seedling you see is from Delicious seeds, the strain is called Fruity Chronic Juice. I'll give you more details when I get home, I'm at work right now.[/quote]

As am I. :) grasscity always helps pass time when in at work.

Fruity chronic juice?! Beast!! I wanted to get that strain. Can't wait to see budds and hear a smoke report

13. It's from Delicious seeds, the strain is called Fruity Chronic Juice. I'll give you more info later I'm at work right now.