Second Grow! 5 Strains!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sourjello73, Mar 29, 2012.

1. [quote name='"sourjello73"']Thanks for the confidence gentlemen. I need to be patient though.

Is 75F, 50% humidity okay?[/quote]

Yep. Keep lots of air movement going in the room too.

2. I have an osculating fan going during light periods. /i also try to keep the door open when I can. Theres a whole room in my house dedicated to the plants. I live in a 5 bedroom apartment with one other person, so its not like we lack the space.

3. [quote name='"sourjello73"']

I have an osculating fan going during light periods. /i also try to keep the door open when I can. Theres a whole room in my house dedicated to the plants. I live in a 5 bedroom apartment with one other person, so its not like we lack the space.[/quote]

I keep my fans running 24/7. They don't need the air movement just when light are on.

4. I really don't have a choice. Everything electrical in that room is on the timer

5. [quote name='"sourjello73"']

I really don't have a choice. Everything electrical in that room is on the timer[/quote]

I'd separate them and have only the lights on a timer.

6. Kind of difficult atm but I shall try.

Here are some pics. I had to switch out the MH for the HPS. The metal halide bulb shit the bed. They've been flowering the whole time I've had them. I've just been pulling the pistils off as they appear. They never reverted back to veg, only the WR did. I'm just gonna let the pistils grow now.
    And btw the middle point, the wood beam that the thermometer sits on is 34 inches from the floor, just so you get a sense of size.

Both the pistil shots are from the GDP.
    The cute little 9 fingered leaf was off the Urk :smoke:

Attached Files:

7. #47 sourjello73, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
    I'm super excited to be flowering now:)
    The GDP is sprouting more pistils every time I check on her. The Alpha is starting to as well. They smell nice.

8. I switch things up, today I hosed my girls down good with phed water as the lights were shutting down. I let the thermostat turn off the exhaust fan & left the 18" fan run, to let them stew in the humidity for a couple hours, then turn the exhaust fan on manual a few hours later.

Yesterday, I hit them with an underleaf wetting agent just before lights out & turned off the 18", but left the exhaust on in manual. Life in flower is so much nicer for me at this point because it is easier to control the heat & hide the noise because the big fan for the lights isn't running. I also keep my room open at night with max circulation. Humidity hasn't been an issue yet, but things are getting lush. I was told to keep my temps as close to 75 as possible & my humidity under 50.

Looking good man!

9. #49 sourjello73, May 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
    Nice! My cab is a bit hotter than yours, reaching over 80ºF at times. The girls dont seem to mind. I need a bit more ventilation.

But thank you! We started flowering on the exact same night my friend. I'll definitely keep an eye on your grow man!

What do you spray them with?

Edit:
    (not worthy of another post)
    Kind of worried about vertical space. Just had to raise the lights a few inches.

10. I'm using this stuff my local shop sold me. It's expensive, $50 for a bottle, but it smells good. Here's the quote from the web page "Thanatos Foliar Spray is a safe, non-toxic all natural wetting agent and may be used in both soil and hydroponic applications.

I'm going to do some research & see if I can come up with something cheaper next time. I see one, two max, gnats like every other day, but I'm also using Great White which helps control them as well. I'm anal about cleanliness, constantly scour for any bugs, douse my basement entrances with bug spray (nowhere near my girls), & I also bug bombed the entire basement before I started.

I quit thinning when I went to flower, after talking to the shop today, he advised me to resume after a week to help all the bud sites get light.

This grow has help me stay sane these last few weeks. My 24 year old daughter died of a heroin OD last month, my marriage has collapsed because my wife can't stop opiates, & add to that that I quit taking Zoloft because it wasn't doing shit for my anxiety. I'm making me chicken salad out of all this shit, I'm gonna have me some fun!!!

11. Ah okay, I just use neem oil :rolleyes:

I always prune. I think bottom branches getting light is very important. It makes for a big even canopy top.

And oh my... I'm so sorry for your loss, stay strong. I as well lost a loved one to an OD, so in a way I understand your pain and sorrow.
    Drugs will destroy your life.. I just quit abusing heroin and oxycodone 8 weeks ago.. Withdrawals are hell. But not impossible.

12. Thanks man, I quit everything back in 97, never had an opiate problem. I was a raging alcoholic who couldn't stop smoking meth. I started smoking weed again a few years ago, at first I was concerned about it leading to other things, but I got no desire to destroy my life. Besides, It allowed me to spend untold hours hanging with my girl. I have loved pot since I was 13, although I'm not enjoying it much these days, that will change.

Sorry for thread crapping, back on topic, is this snakeoil? I'm a sucker for this kinda stuff. Google " Does UVB promote THC?" if you have time. I picked up on it first in Brothagrow's journal . There's a video on page 7.

13. OKAY! Today marks 1 week of flowering. The GDP is rushing to beat the rest to the finish line! The Alpha Wreck is flowering at a steady rate, and the WR and SC are hardly even shootin out pistils. I am posting this now because my father and I are going away for a week on vacation tomorrow, and we're leaving the house (and my plants) to the care of his girlfriend. I'm nervous but I trust her. She has no growing experience, but theres not much to fuck up. Spray em every day, water when they're dry. I already fed them today, so she wont have to do that. I'm excited though because I know I'm going to come home to a lot of growth an progress :D

Here's the pics! The last one is just to show how they have grown above the half way point in my cab. The file names explain the rest.
    I wish my camera lens didn't have such a small aperature :mad:

Attached Files:

14. I was shittin kittens when I saw your bud sites, I immediately ran to my room & started to search. My afgu girls are showing a little, but not as sexy as yours. Your canapy looks awesome. I'm sure your lady will take good care of them in your absense, enjoy.

15. Yeah man I'm blown away by the GDP's progress. The WR and SC hardly even have pistils yet! You and I started flowering on the same night too.
    And yeah I trust her. My growing mentor just left my house. Bought an 8th of some dank for the trip :smoke: He said he'd stop by this week to check on them too, which is mad cool of him. He gave me the clones to begin with. He's practically family.
    I trust him far more than my dad's girl, but she's better than leaving them alone for 5 days :rolleyes: I'll take it.

16. Tonight will mark 2 weeks of flowering! The GDP is turning into one big bud! :p Too bad shes the smallest plant... The rest are doing well! Looking a bit droopy today because its so fucking hot out. Here's some pictures. Once again the file name explains the picture so I don't have to elaborate each one. There's close ups of every plant and a family photo.

Edit: damn pics aren't working... let me try again later

17. damn dude everything sounds like its going great! keep it up brother!

18. here we are. Pics worked

Attached Files:

19. Fucking awesome grow. I just started at page one and watched hem go from yellowing cuttings to BEASTS. great job man. It wa cool seeing how the hps looks soooo different and makes such a difference. Trying to rep ya rt now. Your gonna make your goal of a qp no problem looks to me

20. Looking very very nice man! I think you'll pull a qp as well.