Second attempt. wish me luck

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ObsceneJester83, Apr 29, 2012.

1. so after reading and reading and reading and realizing my mistakes the first go around I'm now going for another. I'm basically looking for any advice on how I'm doing so far. thanks for any comments and knowledge passed on.

I'm using FFOF soil with FFGB for nutes.

1x 300w, 4800 lumens
    2x 150w, 2800 lumenns each

I know I'll need a light upgrade and a 400w mh/hps system is in the near future.

Attached Files:

2. the lights are cfls btw.

3. #3 GaiaGuy, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    She is looking very lush and healthy. Just keep feeding with pH balanced water for a few more days before starting any nutes. When you do start nutes, begin them at 1/4 recommended strength and gradually work your way up to 1/2. Most nutes should only be used at half recommended strength for cannabis.

You can grow with just CFLs. Make sure to provide more 6500K (Daylight) during veg, and more 2700K (Soft White) during flower. You don't have to invest in a MH/HPS system right away for a single plant.

Don't forget to read the Security section for ideas on how to deal with odour!

4. thanks for the input. my firstattempt i just planted some seeds and stuck them in the window to germinate. moved them out during the day and back in at night. they all stretched tremendously. this time i started under the cfls and have been there ever since. i will unfortunately have to move her out before the smell gets bad. i'll gradually acclimate her to being outdoors before the final move.

5. Many outdoor grows start by growing the plants into healthy seedlings indoors, so that sounds like a solid plan. You may want to check out the Outdoor Growing section for more tips about that. :)

Peace.

6. 24hr update. mixed molasses with the water for the first time today.

Attached Files:

7. Lookin' good.

Remember that molasses naturally lowers pH. You don't want pH balance issues early on, which can cause issues such as nutrient-restriction and stunted growth. If you are balancing the water after adding the molasses than you should be okay.

Molasses is usually given during flower due to the fact that it is very high in Potassium (K), which the plant needs during that later stage of growth. However, some people do use it straight through. I've used it myself (in flower) and found it to be a great additive.

8. Not that it would matter much i think and im not trying to be a dick to ya. Those numbers should be 6500k veg and 2700k flower.

9. you are correct, ideally you want something to this effect.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=653942&d=1311433658

but really as long as you keep the plant happy with food and water you can veg with a HPS spectum, I have done it many a times

10. #10 GaiaGuy, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    Thank you for the heads-up on the typo. I've corrected it. :)