Second attempt, What light would be best?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by need adrenaline, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Hello!

after a very annoying complete fail last year when i tried growing outside (all 15 died) I'm trying again but a little closer to home. I was thinking of one of these "grow tents", 60x60x170 i think. I still live with my family so I've found a good hidden spot that is still in reach of mains electricity. I've got about 10amps MAX to play with due to the length of wire and connectors used (seemed more than enough at the time). Not only is the current a limiting factor so is size, keeping electricity usage within a tolerable increase, noise, odor and cost...Yeah it's gonna be tough
    I was thinking I could fit 4 lowryders in the space (4 would also increase success) so how much light would they need? would 250w CFL be enough? I'd like to keep away from HPS due to extra cost and risk.
    Also do i need a filter/fan?

really just need some guidance and ideas really

2. Done some more research and i'm thinking of going with a slightly wider tent with 2 250w cfl's. Should be able to fit 8 lowryder autos in there.
    Serious question, is it ok to sink the bottom of the tent into the soil a bit, lets say i dig a 30cm deep hole to make the tent a little lower. Could the could soul surrounding play havoc on my temperatures?

3. Are you putting the tent outside?

4. #4 need adrenaline, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2012
    Thats the plan, would that work? I cant use sunlight due to the very dense woodland and it would be perfectly hidden there. There's no way i could get away with it being indoors due to the smell. I know it sounds retarded to grow outside in a tent but it's pretty much my only option. My biggest concern is if the temperature could be kept warm/cool and steady enough.

5. I wouldn't keep a grow tent outside, unless it was inside another tent.