Second attempt, advice needed

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by adabo, Nov 28, 2013.

1. So I started a grow a few weeks ago that was a failure from the start as I got all the lighting cycle messed up and couldn't keep the temperature down so I've decided to completely start again and I have just started germinating my seeds using the glass method and I will plant them tomorrow night in small cups.

I have the following and will be growing in a 1.2 meter by 1.2 meter grow box/room. I just wanted some general advise as my leafs went yellow last time and I want to avoid this happening again also how frequently and how much should i be watering when they are still in the seedling stage.

I am going to adopt the 18/6 lighting cycle as my tent heats up a lot so don't want to stress them. I am also thinking of adding a second outtake fan.

600w HPS bulb with reflector
    EC & PH Tester
    Coco coir
    Canna A & B
    Formulex 
    Cal Mag
    Air Pots
    1 intake fan
    1 outtake fan

2. It's hard to give you advise because it's not clear what happened to your plants last time.  You say it was too hot, so how hot and how did that affect your plants, what did you do about it and how did that work out?  Did your plants ever get out of the seedling stage last time and did you over or under water them? Is that what did them in? How old/big were your plants when the leaves went yellow, what did you do about it and how did that affect them?  I'm not asking questions to give answers, I'm just saying your post is too complicated and iffy to give advice with any degree of confidence we actually understand what the problems were.  Have you ever grown anything before?  Have you read books on growing?

Basically last time I messed up my lighting and didn't monitor the PH correctly due to work, I've been reading for about 6 months and last time they started going slightly yellow droopy about the 2 week stage however two of the six actually looked pretty good apart from they had already had heat stress according to everyone on here, so i thought i may as well cut my losses.

to reduce the heat I just used an intake to cool the air which is keeping me below 83 most the time before it was rising to about 95. also I think i may have over watered once or twice but i kept the moist not wet most the time and then allowed to dry slightly so the roots can breath a little.