Seattle mayor signs city's medical marijuana law

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by GanjaFreak, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Seattle mayor signs city's medical marijuana law

Local News | Seattle mayor signs city's medical marijuana law | Seattle Times Newspaper

2. Nice. This is good news!

They've been disappearing everywhere else in Western Washington.

3. Fuck yeah!!!!!!!blow more trees than the northwest wind!!!!!!!!!

4. Yep but until it's legal on a federal level Obama will keep raiding medical marijuana shops and having old terminaly ill cancer patients put in prison for cultivation of a harmless plant with intent to heal. :mad:

5. George washington himself probably puffed the chronic, now his face get exchanged for the shit, ironic!

Fuckin LOVE tommy chong by blue scholars.

Back on topic, cool to hear that the mayors pulling his head out of his ass atleast a little bit, Seattles about to shit itself.

6. #6 BA, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011

None of the places in WA got raided without warning.

There were a few that did get raided, but they were given 4 months to get out. The people weren't paying the taxes, so of course they are going to shut those down. Just like any other regular business.

All the owners I have talked to tell me that the law Gregoire just in effect basically just requires that all 'dispensaries' change their names to 'collective gardens'

As some of you may know, dispensaries were already technically illegal here....buying weed was illegal. There are just loopholes in the law, so they make them all "non profit collective gardens" and that's that.

We need people to learn what State Sovereignty is....Obama forgot. But it's not like he's just raiding places at random. The places are warned and usually they are at fault for not meeting regulations.

7. Yea seriously.

Fuck obama.

8. I hope Ron Paul gets in

9. Ron Paul FTW

10. Seattle has traditionally been lenient on cannabis. The cancer controlling effects and therapeutic value of the plant has been witnessed first-hand by the people in charge.
    Who is truly sick, if you deny the sick their medicine? Seattle is full of free thinkers.

11. This is true, although for every free thinker theres a dickhead cop and a dipshit governor that makes me hate it.

Nice first post!

12. What the fuck, I live in Seattle and I didn't even know we had a mayor...

13. This is nice, however, this probably isn't going to do anything to effect the DEA,who make the majority of these big busts anyway. Progress will come slowly, I hope.

14. Are you serious?

Most cites have Mayors. Especially a city like Seattle....:confused:

As for the Gregoire comments, you really can't blame her. The feds are pressuring her and I have talked to multiple collective owners that have recently told me that all the Dispensaries have to do is use some different paperwork and change the name from Dispensary to Collective Gardens.