"Seasoned Tokers"

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Boffin, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It seems to me that even in the few months that I have been here the \"Seasoned Tokers\" forum has become less and less for the more senior members, as it used to be, and more a universal extension of the \"Recreational Marijuana Use\" forum. I don\'t mean to sound high-and-mighty but with what would seem to be an increasing retreat of the more experienced and old-school members into the Pandora\'s Box, perhaps a new forum for them is in order. Maybe a limit on who can post according to reputation, number of posts or something. Just a thought and I\'m sure that that idea could be improved upon a great deal, but I wanted to say it.

2. I agree totally. Since I\'ve been here Seasoned Tokers hasn\'t been a place for JUST seasoned tokers. I think instead of using rep, posts, or join date, I think the mods should vote in members. A \'screening\' if you will. Because you can have 2k posts, joined less than a year ago and know nothing about smoking. Or you could have joined 3 months ago, have 100 posts and demonstrate a wealth of toker knowledge. I know I would throughly enjoy a forum where it\'s seasoned toker/members. I often get tired of having to sift through countless new posts from new members asking not so new questions to find GOOD threads. Often times posted by the people I feel have proven themselves as seasoned tokers/members.

3. You put a good point forward. It could get a little ugly with people vying (sp?) for a place in the \"First Class Lounge\" or whatever, though. Any mods have any ideas about this?

4. wow i completely agree with you 100 percent man...the city is becomming watered down with noobs and alot of em kinda suicks i guess

5. I see what you\'re saying Boffin. Perhaps we can look into creating a new forum that you will only have access to after x amount of years on the board. Rummy and I will toss some ideas around. We\'ll keep a better eye on the Seasoned Tokers forum too.

We were all newbs at one point though, let\'s not forget that. :)

6. Yeah...we\'ll toss around some ideas. :)

7. not too shabby an idea i think, i like the \"can see but can\'t post in it\", maybe work it by join date, as we know some people join, post for about 2-3 months and are never seen again, as the city has grown, this also has grown in number, the way i see it, if they\'re willing to see a forum like this and read it only, their knowledge of the herb will be increased 10 fold, even now i still go hunting for a good read at nights, can\'t ever stop learning..............yet i\'ll allways try to help out new growers and newbie smokers, mainly by pointing them in the right direction, as it\'s most probably been asked before...........Peace out.............Sid

8. I agree with Sid--join date sounds good.

9. great idea, send out a questionnaire to all the want-to-be members of the forum. if they pass (according to others) they can come in.

10. I disagree on join date. Because someone who joined a year ago could have stayed on for three months then finally decided to come back a year later and BAM, they got access to post at this \'new\' forum. I think it should be a combination of things. Join date and board activity.

11. I guess that\'s a good point on the join date, and it would indeed eliminate the rep.-grabbing that I mentioned earlier. It would also stop people being post-whores just to get in as well (the number of posts idea) which would be detrimental to the boards as a whole. So yeah, good ideas :D I\'m glad people didn\'t take what I said as trying to be high-and-mighty... I don\'t really think I\'m old-school enough to be on the super-board :D

12. I dont go there much anymore because like you said, the posts seem like they belong in the recreational forum. I post there time to time, when i see something interesting. Im down with anyt changed that are made.

13. Ok guys, it\'s in development. We\'ll keep you updated, and let everyone know the requirements when it goes live. It will most likely be somewhere along the lines of 2 or more years on the forum and x amount of activity within that timeframe.

Great ideas guys! It will be yet one more thing that sets the City apart. :)

14. Awesome. Pity I have... Uh... A year and a half to go, hehe. Thanks a lot for taking my ideas on board; I believe that with the recent leaving of so many core members, this could possibly be a saving grace for the City as it was.

15. Well, perhaps longer. It\'s not set in stone yet. We\'ll keep everyone updated though. :)

16. doh, i still got a year to go. Oh well, all the waiting makes it better.

17. Thanks for suggesting it. That\'s what the General Feedback forum is for, feedback from everyone. If you\'ve got an idea, let us know about it. We may not be able to make it work for whatever reason (which would of course be explained), but we\'re always willing to listen. :)

18. only 2 months to wait if thats the case... unless my post count aint high enough... i can live with that tho, i think rep should party come into cinsidderation, quality is good, but i suppose this might mean rep is abused moreso than it already is...

19. well i kinda wish i joined earler instead of reading all that time before, oh well...

i, personally, don\'t know of there is enough members--who post reguarly-- and have been here two years to get questions answered effeciently. but what would someone with only 4 rep blocks know? :rolleyes:

i do like the idea though, and i\'m glad to see that the admins are actually taking action on user suggestions...

i know that nothing is final yet, but i got that only \"seasoned members\" can reply, but can anyone post?

a forum with a bunch of stickied, faq\'s with knowledgible replys would be a godsend...

oh, and an admin to tell all the new guys to go look there before they spam...

20. it dont make sense on join date, because i could have been smoking for 20 years and obciously be a seasoned toker but have posted once if i joined on march 14 2005, i mean its hard, but i guess all we can do is try to delete or move threads that arent supposed to be there

just my two cents

peace

jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.