Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seasoned Tokers, please help.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SchmokinOhio, Apr 20, 2011.

1. So I had some bud that started to dry up and I put a piece of lettuce in it. Just remembered about the bag and I pull it out and the buds look like they have spider webs on them and buds are so moist I can squeeze all the way down and probably roll into a ball. Did I just ruin this entire bag or anyway I can fix this? I am too lazy and pissed off to go searching through other threads, please help with any info. Thanks :mad:

2. #2 spacin mason, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
    Yes, you are SOL, those "webs" are mold, and you don't want to smoke that, for future reference, your better off smoking dried out weed rather than moldy weed.

never put lettuce/orange peels or anything "alive" in your stash, it will breed more things taht are alive.

head to your LHS and buy some humidor pouches, those will safely keep your stash moist and unmoldy!

sorry for the loss of your bag :(

3. The above dude is right. Don't hold out for more posts hoping you might be able to smoke it. It is potentially very harmful.

4. thank guys, already tossed it once I read the first comment, expensive, painful very hurtful lesson learned.. going to go outside and smoke away my pain. with non spider web bud that is.

5. Thank You for paying attention to good advice. Don't want to see any Blades hurt or killed over moldy weed. :smoke:

6. You should check out your LHS or mmj clinic (that is
    if you're in a mmj state) and look for these things called
    Humidipaks. They hold 68-72% relative humidity and can
    take the driest bud and have it soft within a day or two.

[​IMG]

There's no mold or anything I've ever seen on my
    bud using these. Just pop it in your jar, close it up,
    and it'll last for a long time. When it's old, it'll dry
    up and get hard...so you just pop a new one in there.

Sorry to hear that OP, but lesson learned right?