Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seasoned Tokers love joints

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by BlazedGlory, Apr 4, 2013.

1. I'm here to tell you guys why joints are superior. I think many people don't like joints because they're lazy, or suck at rolling. But joints really are the best way to smoke.

Sure a bong is nice for when you're just chilling at home, but joints are just better if you're anywhere else. Easily stored in your pocket, or behind your ear, joints are the best way to smoke when out with friends. Whether you're cruising in your car, camping in the wilderness, or are just stepping out for a toke behind your favorite bar, a joint is the best way to get blazed without that unwieldy pipe or bong that's just useless baggage afterwards.

Not to mention a joint is easily disposable incase of any unfortunate run ins with the boys in blue in places not so 4/20 friendly. Overall, joints are a classic way to get baked for a very good reason.

2. I don't like them myself. Agreed, they're very portable, but I'd take a bong over a joint any day. I don't like sharing my weed with the wind, and I don't like wasting my weed.

3. Yeah they're a little wasteful, but every method of smoking is, you gotta make edibles or vape it to get 100%.

You also look much cooler puffing on a joint than with your face in a bong

4. All about them RAWS!

5. Rizzlas, Zig Zag Ultra-thins, Blueberry flavored, clear papers, I like em all.

Don't get me wrong I own a bong and use it, but I love the joints too.

6. I hear ya
    Its funny becuase for the past 2 years I've been using only the vape and bong, last month I started rolling, And i ain't looking back

7. I love to smoke in general. I don't really care how I smoke it.
    I guess I just go with whatever's practical.

8. I personally like them, but probably because I roll really nice joints. I remember sucking at rolling and hating having to roll and smoke a joint because it'd burn fast etc.

But now I love 'em. Take them anywhere, smoke them anywhere (looks like a cig, just keep your distance), less coughing in my opinion, and easier for smoke tricks.

Idk, I just personally love them

9. I don't like joints because it takes too much weed to roll one. I can pack a small bowl and snap it in the bong and I will be way higher than if I smoked a joint.

10. One snap gets you higher than smoking a joint to yourself? How is that possible :confused:

11. Bong hits are over too quick for me, I like them and all but I'd rather sit and chill with friends passing plenty of joints around.

Anytime I take a hit from a bong or pipe, it just gives me the taste for it and I feel like I want to smoke a joint:smoking:

12. I dislike joints. Too hot, harsh, and wasteful.

13. Joints are nice. I love the instant high they give off.

14. I'm a decent roller and shit, but I always just think to myself 'if I used all this weed in my bong, I'd be pretty ripped right now'.

15. Could be because its all in one hit and so fast. When I smoke a joint I smoke for at least 5 minutes. Bong snap 10 seconds.

16. Exactly. My method of smoking is usually jays/blunts(less frequently). I just feel it is easier to get rid of or smoke in a public setting. And once it's gone, there is not trace or anything to get in trouble for. The attached pic is of my jay storing container :). I roll a few and pop them in there. Seals the smell and works great for jays on the go.

Attached Files:

17. I usually agree with Blazedglory, but not on this one!

As someone who has smoked for 21 years now, I have a few points to make about joints, and why I disagree with them being superior.

-They are literally the least stealthy way to smoke in public due to the massive smoke cloud they create.

-My onie stashes just fine no my pocket and is no bigger than a joint.

-The idea that you can dispose of them easier than a piece is valid to an extent. But if you throw your joint, it's not much different than throwing a small bowl. The evidence is still right there. Unless of course you eat it, haha...

-It's great that they are gone after you smoke them. But the smell they leave on you and especially your hands and face due to all the smoke is pretty damning when confronted by the boys in blue. And forget about the smell if you smoked a J in your car! Much worse than a bowl.

As to the rest, whether or not they get you more/less high than a bowl or bong, that's all user preference. I don't mess with peoples preferences.

I like a joint here and there, but when it comes to smoking in public, a glass onie wins for me every time.

18. But if you throw away your bowl it might break or you may end up not getting it back from wherever you chucked it..a joint is fully disposable.

The smoke cloud isn't that revealing, I smoke a joint most days when I take my dog out for for walks. Sometimes you encounter other dog walkers who may stop and chat while your dogs have a good ol' sniff of each other, and they are clueless as to what I'm smoking. I guess a toker may recognise the smell but non-tokers often think I'm just smoking a roll up!

I agree though that what gets you higher is just down to preference so I'm not getting into that either.

Also I've been smoking in my car a few times where I've had to throw a joint away because I've spotted the police. If they stop you and your car smells but they don't find anything, there is absolutely nothing they can do. But if they find your bowl or whatever the residue could get you into some bother, and there more likely to spot a little bowl flying out your window than a joint end!

A little bowl definitely wins on the smell factor though, I'm with you on that...a one hitter or little bowl won't leave you reeking of smoke.

19. Maybe they'll suspect you of it, but they can't arrest you just for smelling like weed. That another thing with a joint, you can just roll one at home and take it with you, with a pipe you have to take a bag with you, and they can bust you just for the dirty piece.

20. No seasoned tokers are fans of blunts? They're like longer lasting fatass joints