searched but got a few ???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by korno, Dec 18, 2008.

1. I have some time on my hands due to being laid off. about 2 weeks ago i threw a few seeds into my red eye tree frogs tank and forgot about them.(the cage is 70degrees and 70% humidity all times and gets misted and watered a few times daily) so one morning i had a couple sprouts and they are still growing in old coffee cups now. i know they most likely wont grow which is fine. but it did spark a big interest in maybe trying 1 real grow and get experience and to say i tried it. well i've searched on here and im a little retarded when in comes to the lighting and temp. im planning on building a 4'x3'x3' enclosure painted flat white with a door in front(the door being a piece of ply wood on hinges). i want to try 3 plants maybe 4. will this enclosure be suitable? the lights i was thinking 4 cfl's with about 300 watts. would this be suitable lighting or should i go more extreme. also im not trying to jack up the cost of my electrical bill. now the temperature. how warm should it be night and day? i live in the northeast and it will get cold where this enclosure will be. any help is deeply appreciated
    thank you and happy holidays

2. #2 Kocf_owned, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2008
    Ok dude lets get started lol.....

what lighting system should i use? and how much light do i need?
    what type of ventilation should i use?
    is ventialtion even important?
    what Nutrients should i get?

these are all common questions and i would happy to help

well as far as cost goes CFL's are more than capable to grow you a hearty crop:hello: and dont let any one tell you otherwise
    and for ventialtion YES IT IS IMPORTANT lol...plants need to breath just like we humans

Now to find the fan for you,use this method...Multiply your grow dimension's so for you that would be 4x3x3=36 gallons of air in you grow room..now you divide by 3 and you get 12 CFM (CUbic feet per minute)...and thats the amount of air that needs to be moved or refreshed once every 3 minutes to insure proper ventilation...and since the smallest CFM fans are axial fans and the smallest one they make is 30 CFM that would be perfect for your grow area:D...

Also heat....DO NOT let your grow area drop below 68 Fahrenheit lol or your plants will stunt in growth and maby even die....

And dont let it get above 85 or the same thing will happen...

and ur gunna need some nutrients..i recomend Flora nova... Grow and bloom series

And yes your grow op is a perfect size infact you could even cut that in half and use half for vegg and and the other half for flowering....

Now the general rule of thumb for light is 60-100 watts per plant or 3,000 lumens
    so for 4 plants i would have 8 CFL's...

also temperature of the light means the color of the light being Emitted...shown in this pic.....hopefully its on the page lol.....now you want whats called a Blue spectrum for veggitative growth and a red slightly yellow spectrum for flowing.....The blue light sparks the plant to gorw big and bushy with lots of leaves and stems....and the red/yellow light sparks Bud production and growth of stem not as much leaf production as stem growth when plants flower they can double in height because of this....hope this coverd everything you needed to know dude:D Good luck

Attached Files:

3. so i should use 4 blue spectrums and 4 res/yellow spectrum at the same time?

4. naww man make sure u just have 8 blue for vegg and 8 red/yellow for flowering..:D

5. ha ok got it