Search warrants executed in MT marijuana investigation

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Search warrants executed in MT marijuana investigation
    3KRTV / 11,16,2011

The United States Attorney for the District of Montana, Michael W. Cotter, announced on Wednesday that 12 criminal search warrants were executed on November 16 at premises in Kalispell, Missoula, Somers, and Whitefish.

A press release states that the execution of the warrants comes after a 12 month investigation into drug trafficking activities of a criminal enterprise operating in Montana.

In addition, four civil seizure warrants for financial institutions in Missoula seeking an unspecified amount of money were executed.

The warrants were issued based on judicial findings that probable cause exists to believe that the premises located in the communities are involved in criminal enterprises that have violated the Controlled Substances Act related to marijuana, which is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance.

The warrants allege that the premises or property identified were involved in some or all of the following violations of federal law:

- manufacture of marijuana and possession with intent to distribute marijuana, and distribution of marijuana in violation of 21 U.S.C. § 841

- conspiracy to commit the offenses of manufacture of marijuana

- possession with intent to distribute marijuana and distribution of marijuana in violation of 21 U.S.C. § 846

- structuring or assisting in structuring any transaction to evade currency reporting requirements or causing or attempting to cause a domestic financial institution to fail to file Currency Transaction Reports in violation of 31 U.S.C. §§ 5324(a)(1) and (3)

The press released noted that people with illnesses who are in "clear and unambiguous compliance with state law" were not the focus of the investigation.

Still,no reports of arrests,,,just search and seize. Do you think it makes our leaders angry because the only viable market going right now is the black market,,the only real jobs available are in medical marijuana?

I think we need to let some federal employees feel the pinch of this depression we are living through.
    :devious:

2. wow, reading marijuana 5 times in a row makes me feel like i might be going to jail too

what an evil word, in evil times.

3. Man... they already fucking hit 26 shops back in march why are they doing this shit again? Give us a break here in the Big Sky... we just wanna medicate in peace.

Im sort of glad i live on the other side of the state... but western mt is home to the majority of MT growers and caregivers... at least the good ones with the best fire for the cheapest prices. Im sure this will take its toll... glad my connections are solid and reliable :cool:

4. Honestly, the fact that there have been no arrests, only seizures, makes me view this as a classic mafia shakedown rather than actual law enforcement: Pay us or we'll blow up your shop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad no one has to go through the torment of arrest and incarceration. Still, arresting people forces Law Enforcement to have to go through the process of justifying their actions. This is just abject thievery. State Sponsored Terrorism at its best.