Sealing off bedroom window

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Mumbles710, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Hey blades. I wanna seal off my bedroom window and run the exhaust from my tents out the window. Plan is putting plywood over. Put 3 6" duct fan in the top to exhaust the heat from each tent and one fan to exhaust heat from room. Plus a hole to exhaust heat from floor ac. Then I was gonna put a 4" hydrofarm inline fan to at the bottom to bring in fresh air. It's a spare bedroom I'm gonna run to growlab tents. All advice is appreciated

2. since its a window I gotta ask... security concerns, is this window on the first floor, are there many observers that might notice your window being boarded up... is there more than one window in this room?

If it were me, my bedroom has two windows facing the driveway, I'd accept that i'd be running some extra wattage already, and design something to secure to the window that looks almost the same as it does now to the casual observer, say a panel instead of plywood thats colored to match the room, and maybe some of that LED rope glued inside the window frame, then somehow tied to the light in your bedroom, secure a curtain to the inside of the windowframe as well, in front of the colored panel...then stealthily cut into the panel if you can? now that i think about it you got a lot of holes gonna be blowing out your bedroom window., maybe a white mesh cover for the ports so they're a little more hidden behind the curtain...

course, its a spare bedroom so you may have the benefit of rarely being in that room other than gardening, in which case it may be totally cool... just my 2 pennies

3. Alexia appreciated the advice. The room is up stairs window faces back yard. Trees in the back yard cover the window. i stapled a black sheet to the back side of the plywood so when u look at the window its just blacked out.

4. Does it look like you are trying to grow weed if you were a neighbor looking at it?

5. No it does not.

6. I would disguise it with the empty shell of an air conditioner if I was concerned about appearances. Blacked out windows are just bad optics, even if out of public view it can lend credibility to any suspicions if the wrong person sees it. It would be out of place in my neighborhood anyway. Luckily I can vent into a crawlspace that leads outside without having to hide anything.

Anyway, good luck with your room I hope it works out! :bongin:

This, it would be kickass for appearances and even if your fans made any real noise outside people would just go "oh its an air conditioner making that noise"

8. The shell of a ac is a great idea if i had one big enough to hold the 3 6in duct fans. thanks for the advice.

9. Window ac is a great idea👍
    I've used simple window fans (the kind that lock under a half closed window) and just hook the duct to it with zip ties.

I am so open minded you should only think like me..