Scsi's Big Bud Tent (no corners cut)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sonicscsi, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Moving this to journals.

4 x 8 tent design.

My first time growing I've been taking my time figuring out my design and setup.
    Should be done by the end of this month.

Designed a breaker panel. 1 input 240v 2 separate room 120v plugs with 15amp breakers reason being I'm sharing a 30amp breaker 240v with a dryer. Good thing it's energy star lol. It's only 2 x 1000w ballasts it should be ok I guess we will find out. 6g-4wire 30feet was used to relocate the power it's probly overkill.

Lighting:

2x Lumatek 1000w ballasts non dimmable
    2x Blockbuster hoods 8" cooling
    2x Ultra sun 1000w hps lamps
    2x Ultra sun 1000w mh lamps
    Cap MLC 8 240v
    Need -
    2x Sun Shield Blockbuster IR hood covers.

Tent:

Generic 4' x 8' x 7' bought off eBay.
    8x Active Air 8" Flanges
    4x 150lbs Carabiner clips from home depot
    4x 1/8" Rope Ratchets
    Need -
    2x 1/4 Rope Ratchets
    2x Active Air 6" Flanges
    4 x 8 flood table

Climate Control:

2x Active Air 8" inline fans
    2x active air speed controllers
    2x 12" vortex fans
    Need -
    Cap HLC-3E Preventer
    Cap cahum1 humidity controller
    Cap cappm3
    Co2 regulator
    Carbon filter
    8" UV inline duct ozonator

What else??

2. Some pictures

Attached Files:

3. Some updates added some ducting tested the lamps made sure they work. Bought some new parts I needed.

Attached Files:

4. Got the ac duct and vent setup. Whatcha think.

Attached Files:

5. Would it be worth it to run insulation on the ducting for the exhaust in the addic?

6. All depends how hot it got. When I was in the Marine Corp I worked on Mobile Air Traffic Control networks. Ducting was outside connected to external AC's, We had 54,000 BTU ACs two of them per shelter and just the short distance from the AC to the Shelter the air would would warm up in the ducting. The gear had to be kept like below 70 degrees but if we did not cover the ducting it would spike above 80. We just used empty tash bags and sand bags to block the sun from the ducting.

You can buy ducting that has insulation built around it but its more expensive and stiffer. I would go get some rolls of insulation from home depot and duct tape that around it.

7. very nice equipment for your first try. most peoples first try is a few cfl's and a box that was laying around the house lol. looking forward to see what comes out of this. I'm just starting my second grow now :)

8. Is that homedepot 8" insulating ducting worth it at $30 for 25'?

9. Phresh 8" x 24" carbon filter on the way.

10. Decided to ordered the 8" x 39" I know it's over kill but what the heck. Modified and cleaned the rez with bleach over night because it was really dirty inside but it was free.

11. Pressure of the tent with just the ac on. Ducting for ac installed. Big ass filter came in.

Attached Files:

12. New toy heat speaders

Attached Files:

13. Used the circle jig with the cutting blade perfect holes. Cut my intake and exhaust holes out and added double 8" flanges. Got some good thermoflo ducting. The price is worth it. Less noise. Hard to rip. Easier to use but at $52 for 25' it's going to get expensive. Modified the 35 gallon rez cut the top off.

Attached Files:

14. Ok so it's been a while since my last update. Bills have been outrageous lately. Had a little extra cash and started on my flood table these parts are all available at lowes. The buckets are 24 x 36. Gives me enuff room for 4. Each one will have one plant. 2 gallon, 5 gallon 15 gallon smart pots in a 2' x 4' shrog. I got a little work to be done. The auto drip system and the drain system. Total cost was $100 for everything wood, supports and buckets.

Attached Files: