SCROG while growing multiple strains?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sir Vapesalot, Jul 28, 2016.

1. What up!

I'm going to grow 4 different strains in my next grow. They all have roughly the same flowering time, 60-68 days, but with breeders routinely giving unreliable flowering times, different phenos and other variables, it's a likely scenario they won't all finish at the same time.

My question is, is it advisable to grow in scrog in this kind of situation? If I'd have to harvest plants at different times, I would imagine it to be quite difficult in a scrog. I know some people use individual screens for all their plants, but that seems like a big hassle.

Thanks guys!

2. I am doing it in a scrog currently, and I would not advise it, as it makes it hard to keep the canopy even. You can see pics/mistakes in my Signature. I hope this helps

3. From what I understood, isn't your problem more about running out of space on your screen to tuck in the stretch rather than growing different strains?

By the way, those are some monsters, looking good.

4. I just finished a two strain scrog grow. The only issue I had was uneven growth during flowering. Other than that, it was really easy.

Sent from Cannabis Heaven

• Like Like x 1
  5. My first grow was also with 2 strains and it was manageable. I also got lucky that they finished at the same time.
    With 4 strains however I'm a bit intimidated and the chances that all of their optimum harvest times line up are slimmer.

6. I did run out of space, but if I had 1 pheno, I would have flipped earlier than I did. I had to split the difference to let the smaller pheno get a little bigger. And it looks like 1 will be taken sooner than the other.

7. Bump for some more input.

8. U will b fine..i do it..make sure to not hav net so close to bucket/pot u cant reach n and cut branches wen u do want to harvest.cut below n pull out top...

9. I do it too...and actually harvesting at diff times makes the trimming part more bearable...1 at at time instead of all 4. I try to keep the sativa dom on one side and indica dom on other...if that's what i have.

10. You can't give the plants the dark treatment before harvest this way though. Then again I would need a second tent for that even without the scrog, which I don't have.
    Thanks for the replies!

11. Didnt kno that b4 putting differnt strains n a net?lol.in the dark treatment is a method not a necessity..some strains it helps some n some strains not at all.

12. I came to think of it, just pointed it out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I Scrog different strains all the time. It's easy

14. SCROG is all about manipulating the plant to suit you best. So just manipulate the plants to fit the SCROG screen.