scrog question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by relieF, Aug 25, 2003.

1. yeah, a well trained sreen will be critical. and whats this about using dental floss as a screen? wtf!?! buy, borrow steal anything to get some decend screen with 2" holes. floss is just gonna get fucked up halfway through the grow (if it lasts that long)

2. it should work out good

3. oh ok. lol.

* the poor dabbler of indoor hemp cultivation screwed his harvest when he substituted dental floss for steel wire in a critical faculty of his grow cabinet *

4. wouldnt want your grow to fuck up half way through

5. dont use steel wire unless u want it to rust. galvanised chicken wire or even fishing line at a push.

if u get 7oz of dry trimmed bud outta that on a 1st grow under a 150 then im gonna be impressed. i dont doubt it cud b done but i doubt u will get it on a 1st grow. a gram a watt wud b good, thats about 4+oz, 7oz on ur 2nd grow!

6. omg this seed order is taking really long. should i just screw the snailmail and order via creditcard?

fawk!

do any good dealers accept american express?

7. i would never order seeds with a credit card. way too traceable:(

8. i get 7 - 10 oz out of 4 sq ft. so if you can get 7 out of that little space i'm not worthy of giving you advice. if you can get 7 oz outta there, you are a true master. i'd bet 4 oz tops.

good luck

9. how big is the space?

10. ok never mind, its 20 wide by 18 deep. you could get 3 - 5 oz.

[edit: musta been stoned or somethin]:D

11. haze? in a little fridge when ur pushed 4 time!
    dont think thats gonna work out to well. haze takes ages and gets real lanky real quick and not much bud 4 the size of plant. it is real nice smoke tho. gotta b my fave.

12. i still think 4oz was a good guess jon. 8oz wud b the real top end and only with the right plant. ther r very few ppl that cud do that time after time, i think heat and mold r gonna b the limiting factors on this grow.

mayb if the balast and air pump had bin hung on the back of the fridge it might hit 8 with the help of supabud and an amazing amount of tending etc but not the way it is.

im sure the guy will get a good grow outta it but not 1 that will make it into the record books.

13. am i that pressed for time? i have until early december. thats like, four months.

14. i dunno, i can get ~10 oz from 4 sqft. and i'm not really a "seasoned" grower. i've only got 4 or 5 harvests under my belt, but yeah, your first is definatly not gonna be your best.

15. plenty of time, since in that little space your only gonna be vegging for about a week, and i think that haze flowers for 12 -16 weeks, a bit longer than most, but i'm sure youll have plenty of time;)

16. veggin 4 just a week in a scrog? ok fair enough, the way i was thinking tho was its gonna b a week to germ the seeds and get little sprouts, a coupple of weeks to get enough growth to top the plant, toppin it, lettin the new growth start, growin it into the screen, puttin it into flower, flowerin it then dryin it out etc. yeah i spose u cud do it that way and pray u dont get a MALE!!!!! but realiy u shud plan to try and make sure u aint just gonna grow leaf.

17. hey, i am getting some papaya seeds...please tell me how your papaya plant turns out...

pohsib

18. i will if you stick around and remind me.

19. what stage are the papaya plants in?

pohsib

20. i dun think he planted em yet [​IMG]