SCROG METHOD newbie

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by choli0206, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. has anyone used the scrog method and how does it work for you????

I am curious if my tent is going to be too small to be beneficial.....
    my area is going to be 8x4 in a tent. I think I may do two tents, one for veg one for flower. please tell me your thoughts, I am new to this.

2. That's a big enough area to grow 20 nice plants in...if ur going to scrog with that many plants u just have to remember to make ur plants accessible to water them....cuz once u set up the scrog there is no rearranging ur crop

• Like Like x 2
  3. Works tremendously.... do it. Looking for affirmation your plan sounds solid, that's what I would do with 8x4 space...

4. Solid advice here, also it's nice to set the screen in after you know the sex, unless your fem seeds, autos, untangling a male....not fun, also figure out how your gonna dain water, like above your plants will be immobile, unless!!!!! You make DIY stand alone bucket scrog! Which I have seen with great results, just to lazy to do myself, and what I have works for me!

Although I wouldn't do that many plants...you need to figure out your lights before you decide how many ....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well ill have to be moving my crop for two or three days starting tonight. As mar as getting my scrog off im not worried about hurting anything i do t feed em silica but they will still bend enough for me to un do my net and put it back on. Im entering week 3F

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. My area is going to be 8x4 but I am going to have two separate tents for each flower and veg. how big of tents do you think that I will need for each?

7. Really depends on how many plants ur wanting to grow....the general idea is 1 plant per square foot, but I grow a few plants less than that, just so I can maximize my grow space in relation to the amount of plants I have

8. Get 2 4x4 tents.. What lights are you using...

9. You could easily make one of these.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. That's a fancy manufactured one, but that's the ideal. I've seen plenty made with PVC that's pretty simple.

That really is a dope DWC bucket haha.

11. If I had any advice for a scrog it would be to make sure it's well above the pot.. I have mine a little close. Once I got about 40% of the screen filled I switched the lights and the stretch began. It's grown so big mine is a failed scrog. The netting on mine now is nothing more than support. The tucking method definitely gave me tons of tops so I'll have plenty of buds but a skilled scrogger would see mine and laugh I'm sure. It's my first attempt, I've learned a ton.

Don't stop tucking until the 2nd week of flower too. I don't know about your strain but headband stretches bigtime!

12. Here's a DIY on a different forum.

Mobile SCROG Attachment for Buckets

13. This is my first scrog ... the net is 4x12 ft with 3 plants in 20 gallon pots of coco coir i grew these from clone day 30 flower[​IMG][​IMG] would be more efficient to have more plants ..... but keeping it legal is nice too

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. I am going to be using galaxyhydro 300w leds to start off with. Was debating on getting a t5 to help, thoughts?

15. wow! that is amazing!!

16. Thank you i try my best :)

17. so that is only 3 plants?????? in 3 20 gallon buckets?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yes only 3 in the the screen anyway, but you can also see part of my other 3 plants in flower on the right side of the room