Scrog Grow box help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by goofy718, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Planning my first grow and I need some help with ventilation and number of plants.
    I want to build a 3x3 grow box from 2x4s and ply wood. Gonna be using CFLs for lighting and bubble buckets but don't know if I'll be using 5 gallon buckets or a single large Rubbermaid. I dont know if i should use one plant in the box or multiple plants.
    This is going to be in my room and I have no idea how tall I should make the box.

2. please help me i just need help with the fans and amount of plants

3. Alright, First of all I would go to the hardware store and look for the container you are going to plant in. That way you will be able to build your box around the exact measurements of your growing containers.

Will you be doing a hydro setup or just 5 gal buckets of soil?

I'd say if you want to make a box 3x3 you would be able to fit 5 or 6 5gallon pots. I plant per pot. If you are familiar with the concept of scrog you will use more plants but they won't be as big. I have had great success with this method myself and think it is one of the best as long as you are not limited by law to keep a certain number of plants.

If your using cfl's you could get away with 2 small oscillating fans inside the box blowing across the canopy and use several computer fans to move air through the box. Some of the fans being at the bottom of the box pushing air inward and fans at the top sucking air out. This can be modified to have a passive intake to control smell.

This i feel should maybe get you on the right track. If you have more question feel free to ask away. Good look getting this all planned out. So much fun designing a new grow!