Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Screens and Pipes?!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 1HitWonder, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Hello everyone, Last night an awesome metal pipe was given to me by a very close family member. He's a little bit older than me but oh well, He warned me that there was no screen in the pipe.

My question is: How can I smoke through it without inhaling all the ashes?

2. EDIT: I don't have access to screens right now.

3. put a screen in it

4. some headphones have a screen on them, like ipod headphones that could work or just use some foil although thats pretty unhealthy

5. in addition to the headphones some faucets have screens in them... jus take one out of a rarely used sink but make sure u clean it before u smoke iwht it...

6. Or if you don't want to destroy anything, you could always stick a small cleaned oval shaped pebble in the bottom and pack your weed on top.

Or just head to your local head shop and pick up a pack of screens for like 75 cents.

7. Don't use a used faucet screen. Water scum is extremely unhealthy.

8. Here's a trick I discovered one time when I was really baked...

When smoking out of a pipe with no screen... Stick the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth. That way, you can still easily inhale smoke but if anything pulls through it will hit and stick to the bottom of your tongue instead of flying into your lungs.

Also, pulling slower, and repacking the bowl with the end of your lighter every once and a while should do the trick too.

9. Dont suck soo hard.

10. I have friends who cut a lil piece out of their window screen

youll notice the gauge of the screen is a bit different than a faucet screen or a screens you can buy in a head shop, but this wont be a problem once you get the screen resinated.

11. in my whole life i have only smoked out of one pipe with a screen, then i took the screen out of it.

12. take an apple or carrot slice a 1/4 inch slice off take that slice cut out a circle a little smaller than the size of the bowl basically at this point it looks like a nickel. Cut that little 1/4 inch thick circle into a cross shape take a paper towel squeeze it together to take the moisture out of the cross then put that at the bottom of the pipe and put the herb on top and enjoy

you should change this apple screen every day

or break a pyrex dish by ummmm accident and when the lady of the house throws it away chip off a little piece with a screw driver and hammer and use that as a glass screen

13. Your hitting it way too hard if you have to resort to anything like this.

14. damn, that's hardcore

15. Just put a larger nug over the whole of the bowl and load the rest on top. Should work to a point, but care should always be taken.

16. Unless the screens on your windows were made in the 50's, most screens now days will melt and you'll be inhaling a toxic chemical.

17. This is the dumbest idea I have ever read. It ends up in your mouth which is equally disgusting... especially when it's cherrying at like 300 degrees on your tongue.... oh joy :hello: