Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Screen?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MikExv, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Hey every one im gettnig the glass pipe I ordered tomarrow, and im wondering about screens i'v got a few brass screens a friend gave me but will that work with a spoon pipe?
    I just wanna know so I don't get a face full of ash or a throat of weed when im first smoking from it.

2. I don't use screens. Why would you want to with a glass bowl? Unless the hole in the bowl is way big (3/16"+) they are unnecessary.

Learn how to properly pack and hit the bowl and say good bye to screens.

3. Screens are cheap, you should get one and they are worth it. My bowl has small opening and stem, and after a couple of hits it gets clogged really fast without a screen. Cause as you burn the weed, it's going to turn to ash and that will clog it. even sometimes just the size of the ground up bud can clog it.

4. I used a metal screen for a long time and then changed to a glass one. The taste difference alone is worth it IMO. Just be careful on how big the screen is because it can really block how big of a bowl you can pack. I got a "jack plug" screen and sanded it down a bit to fit better. You can also just use a screen for a few days and then once you've got enough resin built up, plug the hole with a decent sized nug and put any shake/grinded herb on top. There's plenty of options and none of them are wrong.

5. Screens are reccomended, since you don't want to be wasting your bud, right? Even if it's glass. I would even use a screen in a bong - fuck sucking thru your bud and watching green float around.

Check out glass screens, most headshops have them

[​IMG]

6. If you are going to use a screen with a glass pipe use a glass screen. I used them for the longest time but then I got sick of having to pick them up every time I cashed a bowl. IMHO don't use a screen, pack the bottom of the bowl with a bigger piece of nug and everything else on top of that. Don't pull too hard unless you know your pipe. Once you get a decent build up of resin you won't need to worry about it anyways.

7. nothing makes me more sad then seeing wasted bud...

8. Get a glass screen.