Screen Resolution Changing

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Globian, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Ok my problem now is that my screen resolution keeps changing unexpectedly.

My Optimal screen resolution for my monitor is 1600 x 900 however when i turned on my computer a few days ago it had reverted back to 1024 x 768 and the option for choosing a resolution of 1600 x 900 was not in the dropdown menu when trying to change the screen resolution so i changed it to 1200 x 800.

Upon turning on my computer this morning it had changed back to 1600 x 900 which pleased me but just now it has suddenly changed back to 1024 x 768 so i decided to see if updating the drivers would work. I updated the drivers but this time the option to choose a resolution of 1600 x 900 is available in the dropdown menu although when i select it my monitor displays a message saying "Out Of Range, 80.4KHz / 85Hz". This is getting quite annoying and would appreciate it if anyone could help.

Also i'm using onboard graphics as my Graphics card was faulty :mad:

2. Hopefully you're on Windows 7, otherwise this will make no sense because the steps are slightly different for other OS's :p

Right click an empty spot on the desktop, click Screen Resolution
    Click Advanced Settings
    Click the Monitor tab
    Where it says Screen Refresh Rate change it to 60 Hz. Almost all computer monitors run at 60 Hz

3. Unfortunately it's already set at 60 Hertz.

4. That's odd, i changed the refresh rate to 70Hz then back to 60Hz and it fixed the problem :confused:

5. Weird. Probably a glitch in the graphics driver, glad you got it!

6. It's still working fine at the moment with no problems, thanks :)