Scottys hydro adventure in association with Dutch Passion

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Spanish@rcher, Apr 13, 2018.

1. I'm subbin' up. So far I haven't done hydro but I'd like to follow this thread cause I been thinking about doing coco.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome aboard mate.
    Gotta say im enjoying it so far. Love not having to ph a res every day. I put in a bit much perilite though. Thinking 70/30 would be better. Theyre drying out a bit quick.
    Got some more starting in a couple weeks tho. 2 nft tanks and 2-4 coco pots. Ive applied for the comparrison grow section so theyll all be autos if i get in :)

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Woohoo just got my email and im officially in for the comparitive grow.
    This means my other tents definately going auto now.
    Got blue dream, brooklyn sunrise, ww-xxl, critical 2.0, hbss and something else that im fairly sure is an auto ultimate. This is gonna be some amount of nute making lol

4. Hey thanks buddy. Please enlighten me - what does NFT stand for?

5. Nutrient film technique mate. Roots grow on a shelf in nout but fresh air and a wee pump dribbles nutes over the shelf. B1D6B3D1-57EA-4B52-88E9-10DB3A38D102.jpg

6. SPECIAL DELIVERY!!!

Oohh yeah :)
    Rhino filter and fan with insulated ducting!!

Bit bigger than i expected. Not complaining though 20180515_220002.jpg 20180515_220406.jpg 20180515_220550.jpg 20180515_210651.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Woooo!!!! Just about to find out how hard it is to build a tent without a frame.
    Probably comical pics soon to follow :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bollocks.
    Staple gun was empty so went up town for staples. Wasnt sure what size it was so got 10mm and 12mm.
    Got home and realised the cuntin thing was missin the spring!
    So went and borrowed another one off my mate and went to my grow...
    Then realised id left the staples at home so had to go back....
    Then back to my grow....
    Then realised hed given me a smaller staple gun than id bought staples for!
    Its hard to believe a fuckin staple gun can cause this much stress @! %*!!!

On the plus side though, check this out!!

Fabric pots air proon your roots like a fuckin BOSSSS!!!

Never knew that!

Forgot to take after shots but ive just done some leaf tucking on everyone other than the untopped sativa, mid bottom...
    She got supercropped about 2inches up the main stem, head to the floor and tied down like a bitch!!

Ill get some more pics tomorrow when i go back round yet again with staples
    20180517_205134.jpg 20180517_203014.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well it turns out building a tent without any tent poles is actually pretty difficult lol. Getting there though :) ran out of silver tape so still got the ceiling to do but rest of its just about air tight.

Started some lst today on the rest of them and gave everyone a quick trim. Mostly the hamd sized fan leaves and the odd wee bits from the top that were blocking light to the main stem.
    The 2 smaller ones are jack herrer and the edge. Surprised that the only sativa is the smallest. She should start speeding up now that the tents up and the humidity raised to 60%.

Ill give em another week together then ill get 3 of them moved to the other side of the tent and get the other 2 lights fired up.

Added root boost and multitotal to the feed now aswell. Theyre currently getting 2 litres every day at 550-600ppm. Ph 5.8 which runs off at ph 6.3 so looks like its all good for the time being :) 20180520_142205.jpg 20180520_142216.jpg 20180520_142210.jpg 20180520_144838.jpg 20180520_144833.jpg 20180520_144838.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Looks awesome, what lights are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. model 1, mars 600 blurples mate. 270w actual draw wattage each for about £110. Best value ever. ive got 6 of them now with another 2 on the way :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. And thats the autos started now :)
    One of the brooklyn never popped so ive put another in. The 2 in the middle are for someone else so we'll just ignore those ones.
    Im about to get very busy. Havent even finished the first tent yet and now ive gotta build another one.
    Officially 14 days and counting till i get the nft resevoirs set up though :)
    Cant wait to show off my babies like. The growth rate really is incredible with these things. I quite fancy doing a pounder to show how easy it is with the system but the thought of all the extra nutes is putting me off. I might. Got a couple weeks while they root up to decide so time will tell. 20180521_212538.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hiya mate. You once told me that you use a pump to transfer water out of the reservoir.

Can you tell me which pump you have?

I have a hand powered one but it's a bit of work to do 10L . Now my tent is near the window, I can just put the exit pipe out there to drain to the roof and I was thinking it would be easier with an electric pump

I've seen ones that work with a drill to power it or clips for a 12v car battery which could be done but I would prefer a mains one so I can plug it into a power socket

Is yours mains powered?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Get something like this mate.
    The 14.99 one is a lot stronger than mine. Get the scillicone tubing cheap on amazon too. Just make sure its never on when its not submerged. They dont like dry running very much Screenshot_20180523-070938.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. great, thanks!

16. No worries bud. Makes life a lot easier like. Great wee investment :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. WOW!!!

First time ive used a propegator and the roots are going apeshit!

I usually just sit em in the open wardrobe with the cfl.
    What a difference, im actually buzzin :)

My old man got a dozen of them online for about a fiver, wish id got one sooner.

Ive mentioned VPD before and ive just learned another very valuable on the subject.
    Every day is indeed a school day

20180523_200258.jpg 20180523_200234.jpg 20180523_200224.jpg 20180523_200213.jpg 20180523_200145.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. This was day 7 for the ones i started for the coco grow that werent in a propegator. Same size as they are every time, auto or photo.....
    Im only on day 2 this time !!

tapatalk_1527114853150.jpeg tapatalk_1527114860303.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Got the auto girls replanted into the rockwools tonight.
    The difference in root development from the unheated propegation box is insane!
    Im actually kicking myself for taking a year n a half to realise this :(

Gonna expand the prop box tomorrow by using some insulation and sticky tape to make it taller. Bit basic but itll do the job.
    I plan to keep the girls in the cubes under the cfl for another 5-8 days so theyll need a bit of room.
    Got a few more cfls there so i might even take the reflector off one and double up the wattage.
    20180528_123256.jpg

• Like Like x 2