Schwag seed indoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Themythblazer, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Yo its my first grow started seeds in mg(mistake). Put three seedlings in sta-green veg. and herb soil. Currently have them on a 24/0 light sched.....any help or pointers would b muccccch appreciated

2. What kind light setup do you have? I wouldn't recommend staying on a 24 hour cycle for very long, you'll get healthier less stressed plants with 18/6.

3. ^ That would be your opinion. Many people prefer 24/0 as cannabis doesn't require a dark period during veg.

4. 400w hps ...im growing tnem in a broken super closet hydro grow box that I bought...water pump is broken hence y im using soil

5. Sorry 200 cfl ...tad baked

6. Sorry 200w cfl...tad baked

7. :smoke:

8. Any advice on nutes?

9. #9 Themythblazer, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How long before I move them off the 24/0 light schedule ?

10. Since its your first grow I would switch to 18/6 now, stick with the basics and read as much as you can. On my first grow I tried 24 hour cycle and it fucked stuff up but I was doing a bunch other shit wrong to. That's why I'd recommend going to 18/6 its just one less thing to worry about.

For nutes I recommend fox farms big bloom, tiger bloom and the other one for vegging I can't think of the name.

Make sure you have good air circulation, get some better soil when its time to tranplant. Fox farms ocean forest seems to be pretty popular, that's what I'm using right now.

11. Nice...i have been reasearching for about a year but am jus now feeling that I have enough knowledge to turn out a decent crop( hopefully). Kind of figured if I was going to fuck up id rather do it withsome seeds that didnt cost me shit... and the box has charcoal air filter and I have a smalk fan inside but not sure if its going to do the job..bwen reading up and ff def seems like the way to go..thanks for the info

12. I left them outside maybe 20 min ...wats wrong? Heat stress? Or nute lockout from the fucking mg?

Attached Files:

13. As long as the fan is moving air across all your girls and big enough to blow them around a little bit it'll be fine.

Since you're growing bag seed definitely read up on LST and maybe topping. Be prepared for them to stretch out. Topping could go either way, it depends on how your girls are growing and how healthy they look. I wouldn't recommend it if they aren't healthy and growing like crazy.

14. #14 Ramble, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I would guess its from sitting in the sun, seeing as how they're still seedlings and have only been under cfls.

15. Thats what I was hoping...how soon should I start feeding them

16. And do u have any exp bending ?

17. Is there any nutes in the soil you're using? This is kinda tricky, I would wait til growth slows or you start to see a little yellowing, I only say do this until you get the hang of feeding times.

With the first few feeds use less than the recommended dose, having to flush because of over fertilizing is no fun and it slows everything down. This is suppose to be hard to do with fox farms though, they have a feeding schedule somewhere on their website.

18. It does have some nutes ... npk is .05-.04-.03...and my horticulture growers bible has a hesi feeding sched in it...just not sure if that applies to me or not

19. Yeah I've done a little bending(lst) with good results, I just cut up wire hangers and made some hooks. Once my girls were tall enough about 8 inchs if I remember right I just laid them over with the hooks.

With that soil having nutes I would definitely wait til you start to see minor nutrient deficiencies until their first feeding. I am unfamiliar with this hesi schedule so I haven't the slightest clue on that.

20. Thanks ...that def helps alot...just hoping I get a least one lady tho