schwag grow questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mustachemike, Jun 6, 2012.

1. I want to grow some schwag(bag seed,reggie) I have found a good spot outdoors. Due to limited funds I cant really afford to do the whole nutrients thing. I was wondering can I simply put my germinated seeds into the ground. Also can I trying growing the seeds in the the damp soil at the edge of the water im growing by or will i get root rot? I'm a noob so be helpful. I want to do a grow journal for my attempt.

2. I think its going to be to wet right on the river. You should work the soil up and add a few amendments. Good luck man

3. Plant just outside the waterbed line. Where you see a line of natural plants bushes, and trees growing. This should should be dry on the surface, but will be able to get water naturally very way once the roots start to go down.

4. There is vegetation everywhere. Higher up on the shore the soil seems really dry but as soon as the bank drops of its really mucky mud. I'm really worried about the root rot. What do you think about pouring regular soil and building a drier bank?

5. Plant up near on the dry bank, there is a waterbed under that that will they will love. The water soaks the soil for a good distance, and the dryer top surface that will be good. Dig some holes and fill them with a nice soil mix, the bigger the better , and plop em in :)

Edit: about the root rot, it's not worth risking, plus cannabis likes being dried out, and don't do well in constant moisture. Higher up will be better

6. Great thanks. I will post updates of how things go.

7. #7 mustachemike, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    So swim dug a hole he want to make it a little bigger,but its taking a while with no shovel. Swim keeps running into tree roots do you think this will cause an issue? Also the dirt is very clay like and Swim hasn't hit that water bed yet. Will he be ok planting into that soil or dose he need to transfer some in?

8. Dig it as big as you can and fill it with a healthy mix for your plant

9. Add some perlite, mulch or even sand. It will break up the clay and allow oxygen to the roots.

10. o shit, forgot about the mulch..swim put them in the ground today close to 20 small plants were transplanted. ill keep an update of swims activity

11. Good luck.
    And nobody here uses swim. Fwiw.

12. Dont use sand in clay soil, sand + clay + cement. Good luck bud from bagseed is often better once grown yourself.

13. 14 went in the ground 5 remain fully healthy..weather bent a few and 2 were dug up by who knows what,but the leaves are still full and open we will see if they last but i doubted. this is 3rd day in ground. Btw no nutrients have been used, put them straight in ground.

14. Sounds like you are waiting your time if you lost that many already. You need to fence them off before wild animals eat the rest.

15. Going to fence them off with some fishing line. The ones that were dug up were in separate spots than the rest. No worries tons of seeds and long grow season if this grow doesn't work out won't be to bummed. The 5 look really great right now. Free bud is free bud.

16. you can always harvest cow patties as a free soil amendment, get the older dry ones

17. Cant wait to see how this grow turns out, lol

18. might do that they have a ton of farms around here

19. So they are almost a month old and they look pretty good but sadly down to 3... so of course germinated more seeds and they went in the ground today also big ass snake around spot other day any ideas to keep them away

20. read a bookon snake identification and kill the poisonous ones .wear high
    top boots , never step or put your hands where you cannot see. generally poisonous snakes have heads shaped like triangles , non- venemous are streamlined ,almost same diameter as the body. don't handle any unless you're an expert. p.s. it's almost always the experts who get bit!:hello: