school

Discussion in 'General' started by sensi_master, Nov 27, 2008.

1. so what was your guys' gpa in high school....what did you make on the act/sat

low gpa 2.3 i never did my homework made a 24 on the act and never took the sat....i blew out my knee when i was a junior so therefore no need to take it since i wouldnt be playin baseball anymore....really sucked, could have went to coastal carolina to play which is a pretty good smaller d1 school...but anyways now im in a shitty ass jc it sucks

2. dude... i don't think my high school grading goes like that.

3. weird you dont have a grade point average........and you dont know what an ACT is....whaaaaattt

4. 3.8 GPA
    2240 on SATs never took the ACTs

5. #5 Jaded, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
    noo... but then again, i have yet to graduate (three credits short.. YES i am eighteen..)
    but i swear i haven't heard of that here.
    i'll ask around.. because maybe i'm just being dumb.

6. 2.2....by my sophomore year i was kind of turned off by the whole thing, senior year i never had morethan 2 classes at once. Never took sat or act.

still won state in football senior year though:hello:

7. i think it was around 2.5 sophmore year. i dont remember.

8. haha everyone here had low GPA's

Current GPA(on transcript): 2.76
    This Quarter's GPA: 3.1
    ACT: 24 (Science section killed me, I got tired of that BS half way through and started filling in bubbles)
    SAT-
    Math: 660
    Critical Reading: 620
    Writing: 560 (burned out from the night before, didn't finish essay)

9. It's an American thing, we get percentage grades :)

10. 3.8 gpa. 29 on the ACT. cant recall what I got on the SAT.
    makes senior year a breezee:smoking:

11. ok, there you go!
    thanks for the clarification.
    just sometimes i get confused because most tv is american, so i'm used to their system... and then i can't remember what my own is. :( haha.

12. When i was in highschool i had a 3.6, never took the SAT's.

13. yea we all just got high and forgot to do the homework....still good grades on tests though.....so eh, we're still smart

14. I had a 2. ...some low number. 2.4 or something, I think.

Didn't take the SATs.

I was a slacker.

...I've changed a lot... ;)

15. in high shool i was an average student. got A's and B's, and the occasional C in math. now in college, i have to work extra harder. B's and C's are out of the question.

16. I always got A's in the classes I liked.

Computer Graphics, Photography, usually got A's or B's in English.

Government and Economics really fucked me though. So did Science...

I had to re-take a Science class in summer school after my Freshman year. Failed Government and had to take it again, luckily I got a better teacher who wasn't such an uber-bitch. (The teacher I had the first time would not even let students hold their head up with their hand, you know what I mean? Like we had to sit straight up the entire time. As if I'm not tired as hell that time in the morning. Cut me some damn slack! Just because my posture isn't perfect doesn't mean I'm not listening. :mad:)

But anyways, Senior year I had Economics. The teacher was a young new guy who was also a coach so he strongly favored the jocks.
    He made Economics an even more boring subject than I ever thought it could be.

So I ended up skipping that class a lot too. Didn't turn in much homework.
    At the end of the year I think I had a 58% in that class, needed 60% to pass. That's like one or two homework assignments.

It was the only class I needed to pass in order to walk at graduation so I practically begged the dude to let me make up just a couple things so I could get to passing level and walk.

But no.

I mean, I understand why he did it. I understand I failed the class on my own accord. But the son of a bitch made my mom cry! :p

And compared to other teachers in the school he was way hard-ass...
    Ended up taking Economics again that summer at the college and getting my diploma. Didn't want to walk anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal to me, but I think my mom wanted to see me walk... She's since gotten over it though. ;)

The teacher I had for Government the second time around when I was a Junior? I was failing his class by quite a bit...
    Was all set to fail it and take it again the next year, accepting my punishment.

But in the last week of school he called me up to his desk and was like "You're not failing by that much... I know you know this stuff. I probably shouldn't be doing this, but if you want to come in after class and make up some assignments, we'll get you up to passing level"

Now that guy was a tight teacher. :smoke:

17. economics was hard as hell, and im pretty decent at math....just too much work for me really, so are you from the U.S. the other person was talking percentages too...sooo

18. I am from the US, yuppers.

In our classes, 90%+ was an A, 80%+ = B, 70%+ = C, and 60%+ = D. I'm pretty sure that's how it went anyway.

Passing was a D or above.

19. yea they changed ours when i was in like a senior so that blew....my grades would have been a lot better......95+ A 85-94 B and so on through my entire career in high school until i was a senior

20. WARNING: The post below depicts extreme stupidity on the part of my high-school's Administration

i lost credit last year in gym. i cut the class once and the bitch VP took my credit. my dad is really cheap so he didn't let me go to summer school, FOR GYM. so instead, because i need four years of gym to graduate, i have to RETAKE junior gym as a senior:mad:. so now i am stuck in a gym class where i am the only senior in a gym class filled with tools and lesbians(legit. i am not just saying that to be vulgar). that also means that i have to take senior gym class simultaneously. if you have ever taken a "Pacer Test", i doubt you could imagine having to do it twice in one day:(.