Scholarships given to illegal immigrants.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nb790, Aug 8, 2011.

1. #61 Verdurous, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The same walls that keep people out, also keep people in. :laughing: I'd rather be able to travel the world freely and work to support myself wherever I like. We need to just make everyone that enters the US required to pay taxes and then illegal immigrants wouldn't be so bad.

2. #62 labsartini, Aug 10, 2011

I don't know why I never thought it like that. But that makes so much fucking sense.

And like someone else said it would be great if everyone who worked here be taxed regardless of legal status.

But unfortunately that would require that they be paid OVER the table.

Which ain't gonna happen because producers want to minimize production(labor) costs to stay competitive.

But I guess one could argue that if EVERYONE paid their employees over the table than lower-than-minimum wages wouldnt be such a leverage point for competition.

Prices would go up, but so would revenue.

I'm no economist so I have no idea where that would take us.

But I guess it doesn't matter because greed will always keep us from getting there.

3. How can poor uneducated immigrants pay a tax that will reduce their burden? That makes zero sense. And there are plenty of techniques besides a giant wall to help control illegal immigration. And to say that a wall is a bad idea based of some sort of doomsday philosophy seems silly.

4. Than it's US corporations that are to blame. They are the ones giving incentive to the immigrants to come illegally. These corporations that are doing this are breaking the law just as much as the immigrants and are twice as morally responsible. They're being greedy fucks while the immigrants are trying to feed their children.

5. The point isn't to reduce their burden. :confused_2: I never proposed that. Where are you pulling this out of? :confused: I also never proposed any doomsday philosophy and never said anything in regards to a giant wall... WTF? lol :eek:

6. #66 ZBowls, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    Yeah its sad but in america the squeaky wheel always get the grease, that is unless of course you are lower to middle class white or black wheel. We as Americans seem to have this obligation to help people from other countries who just invite themselves over, fuck up and can't make it, so they give us the guilt trip and say we're bad people for not taking care of them. Maybe the reason you want to come here so much is because instead of all together fixing the problem in your county you'd rather run away and mooch off another. I know the words etched on the statue of liberty"give us you tired poor huddled masses" but that was a different time and we can't save you cause we can't save ourselves.

7. 1. This is senseless. Is the "wall" a ramp on this side so that we can walk up and jump down into Mexico, but Mexicans can't get in?

No.

Actually it's not even a wall.

It's a series of sensors and surveillance air craft and Jeeps and Government thugs with guns and sociopathic bureaucrats in Crown Vics and paperwork and a huge Government bureaucracy that's not above lying to justify it's own excesses.

And if the American economy completely collapses, and 1/2 the population started heading for Mexico (I know unrealistic scenario), then it can be 100% as effective at keeping us IN.

Was the Great Wall of China not as effective at keeping Chinese in China as it was at keeping Mongolians in Mongolia? Presumably so. It's just a frickin' wall.

2. Uneducated workers coming from Mexico keep your food cheap.

Absolutely, make them pay the same income taxes that everyone else pays... which for people who make that little money is none anyway... even if they are American citizens.

Illegals still pay sales tax too. They still pay fuel taxes that pay for the roads they use. They still buy shoes and clothes and tires - they're good little consumers just like you and I.

If you have a problem with them getting on entitlement programs, then fix the entitlement programs. They should be fixed to weed out scammers that are citizens as well.

3. You probably work with educated people with degrees. Not dirt poor refugees who face starvation if they don't jump the border.

4. Not every person who comes to the US illegally does it to get on an entitlement program. You're buying into propaganda. You're listening to lies.

It's the same as the people who tell you that pot leads to harder drugs or that it turns men into rapists.

It's lies intended to scare you into perpetuating a xenophobic police state. It's not reality.

You've been told anecdotal stories about anchor babies and you think it's the norm. It is not.

I just reject this argument outright. I've met far too many illegals and have not yet met one that is just here for a free ride. I don't care what statistics you can produce, I don't believe them. They are as much BS as people who say that 75% of people who smoke pot will end up hooked on meth just to justify a narco-police state.

5. You're OK with the average American living like a Mexican because we're spoiled and expect better than we deserve. Yet you still argue for keeping the border closed???

You don't care if America looks like Mexico in over other way, just so long as there aren't so many brown people???

Your employer has a RIGHT to export your job, but you don't want the right to follow it???

Or do you just not want people to come to the US. You support YOUR OWN right to go where ever you want, but you don't support other people's rights to come here?

If you want a free market, no borders for business, jobs go where the labor is the cheapest, anybody can import/produce any product anywhere and then sell it anywhere without any Government intervention, then how can you at the same time want to impose borders on people?

Labor should be able to flow to where ever there is the highest demand for it.

Perhaps with your education/background, you could be very valuable to a Mexican company. You're a native english speaker, maybe you have a degree that adds to your value.

Maybe if you moved to Mexico and took that job, you could live like a baller. Bigger house, nicer car, smoke the good shit daily. Why should Mexico keep you out? There is demand for your labor, you only want to supply that labor. Why is it OK for the Government to meddle is this aspect of business?

If your only argument is that some people take advantage of the system, you better be sure about your statistics. Because you're giving away a lot of your own freedom and spending a lot of money to keep the Mexicans out.

Would be a shame if you were doing all that just because .1% of illegal immigrants are entitlement scammers.

8. #68 labsartini, Aug 11, 2011
    It's not really the corporations themselves that are to blame.

Corporations are a symbol of capitalism.

And capitalism, like all government-isms(couldnt find the word there), is susceptible to corruption.

What I'm saying is that it is the people who run the corporations who are to blame.

And the funny part about it is that the only people who have the drive to become the leaders of something that big are, by nature, greedy power addicts who have some sick, disgusting drive to make more money than one human being could ever use.

...So in reality we should feel sorry for them [sarcasm]

The only reasonable solution to all of this?::smoke::.

9. #69 labsartini, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    Oh, here's one.
    Invite all of the illegals over, use them for cheap labor, as opposed to sweat shops in india, and KEEP THE MONEY IN AMERICA.

"But how do we do that, there's no way to tax them if they're paid under the table"

^that's assuming we continue using the same flawed "income" tax system.

Abolish the income tax, institute a (insert#here%tax)(well say 23%) tax on ALL GOODS SOLD IN AMERICA.

Sure shit costs more, but you have more money in your pocket.

And even illegals need food, a place to sleep, and gas(assumin they're ballin enough to get a car). And in buying all of those things they are paying taxes equivalent to an income tax had they been payed over the table in the current system.

Kinda high but it made sense to me.

Edit: Oh and I'm pretty sure someone (almost certainly misinormedly) said something like 47% of people pay taxes? Well it would be alot harder to dodge this tax, especially if it were BUILT INTO THE PRICE OF GOODS.

Like instead of seeing 3.99 on the sticker and paying ~4.40 after tennessees sales tax. The sticker would just say 4.40 and that would be what you payed, period.

So even if you made your living selling "contraband"(I wish that word didnt include weed) you'd still be a "tax paying citizen"

That is all.

10. #70 Renaldo, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    Even American citizens that make the lowest wages don't pay income taxes. So what's the big deal if immigrants that make below minimum wage don't pay taxes either?

And if a business were to pay enough that illegals would earn enough to pay income taxes, then they wouldn't need to be paying illegals to do those jobs. Citizens would do those jobs.

So the real core of the problem you are talking about labsartini, is how to keep employers from paying anyone under the table, because plenty of citizens avoid paying income tax in the same way.

Someone's immigration status doesn't make it any easier or harder for the employer to pay them under the table. Being illegal just forces their employer to pay them under the table.

Presumably, if some employers could pay documented workers less than minimum wage in an official/legal way, then they would. Maybe not all of them, but at least they wouldn't be forced to do it illegally/untaxably.

11. I just feel like if we had a system like this it would delegitimize the commonly-held argument that "thayr a drain on are susahyity" ( sound it all out lol)

Even though said argument

is already illegitimate because, as it has been stated, they help keep prices down.