Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Schizophrenic But Want To Smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MrPersonFace, Jun 3, 2014.

1. #1 MrPersonFace, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
    Hi, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia about 3 years ago. Used to smoke pot occasionally. My question is I kinda want to smoke pot again, and I would prefer not to here that I shouldn't do it. I was wondering if perhaps a small amount on a certain type of weed would be good. I already searched the forums and didn't see much on this. So what are the good strains for this problem? Thanks
    P.S I've been stable for about a year now.

2. unrelated to your question, but before u had schizo, did u experience anything u believe caused it?

and dude smoking a little bit wont do anything

3. I suggest you dont smoke weed. Since your past shows you have mental instability, any mind altering substance could theoretically cause a relapse

4. Don't they prescribe weed to schizophrenia patients? Maybe I'm high. My friend has and smokes with us sometimes. It's kinda scary cuz I think what if he goes nuts n starts chopping people up.

5. Spliff Shady, pretty sure you're just high.

OP--look, I know you don't want to hear it, but smoking probably isn't the best idea if you have schizophrenia that you've managed to stabilize. There's a pretty hefty chance smoking pot could make it worse and destabilize you. I'm not gonna tell you what to do, but I will say it seems risky. But for what it's worth, I did a bit of googling and found that strains that are high in CBD and lower in THC are supposedly less likely to antagonize schizophrenia. Go with indicas.

Searching leafly, I found they recommend the following as high CBD strains for medical use: Harlequin, Sour Tsunami, Charlotte's Web, and Cannatonic. But all of those are hybrids except one sativa, so I conducted another search, this time for indicas with anti-anxiety effects (because that's something I've read attributed to CBD). This turned up 28 strains: http://www.leafly.com/explore#!/explore/tags-relaxed/exclude-anxious,paranoid/category-indica
    I've never fucking heard of most of these, so good luck to you. Hope you live in a legal/medical state or buddy you are out of luck. No street dealer can deliver so specifically.

Also, sorry about that shitty URL. I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to make it all nice.

6. #6 0ri0n, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014