Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Schedule 1

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jevonsp, Mar 16, 2013.

1. So I've just learned that Methamphetamine is a Schedule 2 drug. Cannabis is Schedule 1 drug. For those that dont know, Schedule 1 means a high potential for abuse AND no medical benefit while Schedule 2 means high potential for abuse WITH some medical benefit.

Anyone see anything wrong with the fact that METH is considered more helpful and less 'harmful' than Cannabis?

2. Welcome to the united states.

this system is so fucked it's funny.

revolution

3. Jevon, click that first link in my sig and see just HOW messed up it is! :cool: (you can skip the 1 page intro, it's not that important)

Be ready to have your mind blown (in a nice way)! :eek:

Granny :wave:

4. Thanks Granny! I love seeing your posts around the city.

5. Meth is used as an ADHD medication in extreme conditions under the name desoxyn. Also used for weight loss and migraine/headache relief. My art teacher has a daughter whom is prescribed it for migraines and she has to be taken out of school when shes given a dose, you can guess why. Its not bad for you, in fact similar to every other amphetamine just much more powerful, but is abused A LOT due to its addictive potential.

6. Well, yes. The point is that Meth, like any other amphetamine such as ritalin or adderal has really adverse effects on the body. Saying meth isn't bad for you is a complete lie. Just because it has some medical benefits doesn't mean it wont hurt you, just like many other drugs that are prescribed such as oxy, hydro, morphene etc. Cannabis, on the other hand, while it CAN be abused, won't kill you (you can't OD) and doesn't destroy the body like many other drugs.

7. #7 That Sandwich, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
    I didnt mean to say it isn't bad for you, but in the long term, low doses, unlike how addicts use it, have shown no permanent damage to the brain with similar amphetamine salts. Every drug is dangerous to the right person and could be beneficial to others, I think we can all agree upon that, and for this reason the schedule system is very flawed.

8. Marijuana is categorized as one of the hardest drugs in the us. But marijuana is a gateway to harder drugs like cocaine and methamphetamine? Yet coke and meth are categorized as less harmful? Welcome to the united states brother!

9. Cocaine is schedule II right?
    The laws are so backwards.

[​IMG]

10. Yes. Cocaine is schedule 2

11. Ugh... I would contribute, but the rules prevent me. :(

Best thing you can do is call up/email your state and federal congressional representatives and tell them you demand cannabis be rescheduled.