Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Scary Movies To Watch When High?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sgomez1497, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Okay, so last night, I went to the dispensary and told the guy I was gonna watch It (2017) for the first time, but that scary movies usually don't phase me. He said he was the same way, and he sold me what he said he used when watching the movie. Long story short, I almost pissed myself, and I was actually crying at one point from how scared I was, tears and all.

So my question is, what are some other scary movies that you think would have this effect on me high? I'm already planning on watching The Shining, Alien, Scream, and Eraserhead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I live and breathe horror movies, and weed, but unfortunately I got desensitized to them many years back so I just kinda watch them for either laughs, the atmosphere, or just to analyze the film. Martyrs is kind fucked up and worth a watch, It Follows is great and a nod to classic horror through ambiance and not through shitty Hollywood jump scares and cheap tricks, The Babadook is in the same category, The House of the Devil is a great throwback film, Starry Eyes is definitely worth a watch, A Serbian Film is worth watching but probably not around other people because that one gets pretty fucked up, Cannibal Holocaust is the same deal, The Witch is probably my favorite horror movie in the past 2 decades but mostly because it is very artfully directed and sums up the core principals of Satanism without actually saying that is what is doing haha.

Avoid most horror movies as they are utter garbage that is pushed out by filmmakers for a quick buck and rely on cheap scares and bullshit tactics to appeal to a mainstream audience that is scared of going out after dark lol.

Other honorable mentions... REC (the entire series), Halloween 1-6, The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses, Insidious 1-3, The Conjuring 1 &2, 1408, Let the Right one In, As Above So Below, The Others, The Night of the Demon (1957 version), and Suspiria.

• Like Like x 1

3. The new Saw film (Jigsaw) is pretty cool when you're high, Nightmare on elm street kicks ass same with any Friday the 13th films

4. Totally forgot about The Babadook and A Serbian film, gotta add those to the list, as well as Jigsaw. The thing that's hard about looking for movies is, it seems like the most revered ones are from the 70s and 80s, but I don't know if I'd find those scary or cheesy. I tried watching The Thing, the 80s one, while I was high, and I didn't get scared once. I was just sort of confused the whole time.

5. I haven't seen the Babadook. is that really good? I heard it wasn't so I never gave it a chance. I saw 1408 mentioned. My homie HATES that movie and says it's so stupid. But I actually find that "scarier" than other movies. I believe it's a great flick.

then again one of the scariest movies I had ever seen I was stoned and watching Evil Dead (the original) on my PSP (to give a time line lol) and I grew up with those movies and seen it 100 times before.

but at one point I noticed my heart was racing, now was it the weed or the movie or a bit of both? either way...good times.

I enjoy watching movies high, so I look forward to responses on here.

Sent from my SWISHER-WR-G420A using Applebee's two for one app

6. Well, I've heard the Babadook is good, but that it's more psychological and thrilling rather than scary. I heard the Evil Dead could get pretty intense, I'll give it a try, along with Nightmare on Elm Street

7. John Carpenter's In The Mouth Of Madness. Leviathan. Hobo with a Shotgun, haha... Wait horror? Oh right.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk