Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Scary Incident Last Night

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by pastscreaming, Mar 29, 2012.

1. This is about something really weird that happened to me last night, related to smoking and health.

Quick background: been smoking pretty consistently since 16, am 19 now and am smoking daily. I am Lactose Intolerant, and last night after smoking a few good-size bowls I started getting the regular pain in my stomach associated with eating dairy.

So I go to the washroom, sit on the toilet and begin to 'go' when all of a sudden the next thing i know I am on the bathroom floor, frantically looking around as to where I am, convulsing uncontrollably. I was right in the middle of 'going' so I had to clean up afterwards (not completely sure if this happened coincidentally or if it was somehow the cause or a catalyst) but what really freaked me out was the fact that I must have blacked out for a few minutes as my phone read 8 minutes later since the last time I remember. After cleaning myself up, I realized I had to go again and when sitting down, I began to feel the exact same symptoms as I did the first time. I eventually got enough to get up and drink water, which almost instantly made me feel better.

Has this happened to anyone before?

I wonder if it was any of the a) smoked too much (unlikely because the only other time I actually passed out from cannabis there were no convulsions)
    b) it was laced (again unlikely as my roommate was fine) c) the overall sensory/pressure/pain overload to my brain (I was in quite a lot of pain when this happened, my lactose intolerance although not permanently harmful is quite painful) with a mixture of dehydration

2. Woah, no idea. I would say dehydration and pain combined resulted in you feinting. Although, it may have felt like mere seconds it could have been minutes. My best bet is C but smoking too much can result in some nausea and that combined with the intolerance for dairy while sitting on the toilet could have just been a little too much for your mind to handle at that moment. Or your bowels are epic and pumped all the blood out of your brain. I have no idea like I said, but hopefully someone could spend a little more time to figure it out.

3. Lol you fell down while taking a crap and blacked out while crap was still coming out of your bung hole?

4. Something similar happened to me, but it was a siezure

5. [quote name='"TheBeatles420"']Lol you fell down while taking a crap and blacked out while crap was still coming out of your bung hole?[/quote]

Lol best tl;dr ever

6. Thats strange id go see a doctor

7. ahaha in essence, yes. i'm laughing about the timing of it today, pretty shitty! :laughing:

i am still concerned about the convulsions though, and the general unknowing when i regained consciousness of where exactly i was

8. Sounds like you have your answer OP. You were probably slightly dehydrated to begin with, and smoking exacerbated the issue.

Edit: I used the word exacerbated both to sound like an asshole, and because it sounds like "masturbated"

9. I laughed my ass off when I read this..... Lol

10. Are you saying you had a seizure whilst taking a shit?

11. I laughed so hard when I read this... I'm truly sorry this happened to you OP, I have no Idea how some people can get so fucked up just from smoking lol..

12. 'a seizure' is what im hoping it wasn't, 'whilst taking a shit' is unfortunately (read: humorously) true

13. [quote name='"pastscreaming"']This is about something really weird that happened to me last night, related to smoking and health.

Quick background: been smoking pretty consistently since 16, am 19 now and am smoking daily. I am Lactose Intolerant, and last night after smoking a few good-size bowls I started getting the regular pain in my stomach associated with eating dairy.

So I go to the washroom, sit on the toilet and begin to 'go' when all of a sudden the next thing i know I am on the bathroom floor, frantically looking around as to where I am, convulsing uncontrollably. I was right in the middle of 'going' so I had to clean up afterwards (not completely sure if this happened coincidentally or if it was somehow the cause or a catalyst) but what really freaked me out was the fact that I must have blacked out for a few minutes as my phone read 8 minutes later since the last time I remember. After cleaning myself up, I realized I had to go again and when sitting down, I began to feel the exact same symptoms as I did the first time. I eventually got enough to get up and drink water, which almost instantly made me feel better.

Has this happened to anyone before?

I wonder if it was any of the a) smoked too much (unlikely because the only other time I actually passed out from cannabis there were no convulsions)
    b) it was laced (again unlikely as my roommate was fine) c) the overall sensory/pressure/pain overload to my brain (I was in quite a lot of pain when this happened, my lactose intolerance although not permanently harmful is quite painful) with a mixture of dehydration[/quote]

I've gone into convulsions a total of 3 times over the last 2 years....it freaked me out so bad I started looking for patterns and did a shitload of research....here's what happened to me

I would feel slightly nauseous beforehand,and my heart rate would raise....the room would start to "spin" and I'd start getting intense tunnel vision,like everything was slowly blacking out around me....I'd rush to the restroom and try to get hold of myself but it never works....I collapse and kind of fade in and out of consciousness,really hard to describe....then I wake up and I've usually got an intense headache from slammin on the ground or toilet (shit hurts man)
    Each time it happened I was
    *very high (at least 2 grams in the session)
    *kind of sleep deprived from the night before
    *I was drinking 2 out of the 3 times,not sure if there's a connection cuz I wasn't anywhere near drunk
    *I also ate heavily right before each time this happened

So I don't really know what's going on...but at least you know you're not alone in this

14. It wasn't a seizure, you aren't conscious while its going on, if you remember lying on the floor convulsing it wasn't a seizure.

15. Man that is weird

16. i lost consciousness for i don't know how long (the timeline's hazy but the two times I checked my phone before and after it happened was 2:45 and 2:53) so I'm not sure what was happening before i woke up on the floor, convulsing. can you sort of "wake up" in the middle of one?

17. question op, do you drink a lot of alcohol?

18. much appreciated man its good to know im not the only one

19. [​IMG]

But seriously, go see a doctor.

20. only on weekends and even then once or twice a month