Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

scale question?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xv9186, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Agreed. No need to piss off your dealer if it is the OP's scale's fault

2. The OP already stated his scale is working properly, he weighed a nickel and it was 5 grams, his scale is working.

I guess it comes down to the relationship between the seller and buyer, if they're friends, there isn't a problem. If the OP is comfortable with calling him up or texting him to get it resolved, then he can do it if he wants. Theres no problem correcting an error.

3. Get some sort of a cup, a light plastic cup would work best, one that fits on your scale without going at all off of the edges. Put the cup on the scale, and then use the tare option on your scale to reset it to 0.0, and then weigh your weed by putting it inside the cup. The reason this works better is because the cup evenly distributes the weight on the scale, where-as, weighing a HQ of bud on the scale with it just scattered all over is usually a bit off.

Albeit, a whole gram off just seems funky, but if you are the one with the cheap scale, it is likely your machinery that is at fault. But if you take a decent quality picture of your bud and post it here I can roughly tell you if it's a HQ or if you got ripped off.

4. #24 pbuilder, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    Think about it from the dealers perspective buddy. If I am the dealer, and I weighed out my sac proper, and then I have some random kid I made a chop to telling me his HQ was a gram off, I'd think he was f*cking with me and took out a G or something and is just trying to get free weed. This would personally piss me off, and permanently make me lose my trust in this customer. And I'd have to be reduced to always weighing the bud right in front of the kid, with both of our scales to keep this from occurring again in the future. And so the little punk wouldn't have any liability if he tells me his sac is a gram off again in the future.

Overall I would just let it go unless it had happened more than once and I was 100% sure my bag was weighing short. (with a good scale, not some 5$ china-town scale)

5. [quote name='"pbuilder"']Get some sort of a cup, a light plastic cup would work best, one that fits on your scale without going at all off of the edges. Put the cup on the scale, and then use the tare option on your scale to reset it to 0.0, and then weigh your weed by putting it inside the cup. The reason this works better is because the cup evenly distributes the weight on the scale, where-as, weighing a HQ of bud on the scale with it just scattered all over is usually a bit off.

Albeit, a whole gram off just seems funky, but if you are the one with the cheap scale, it is likely your machinery that is at fault. But if you take a decent quality picture of your bud and post it here I can roughly tell you if it's a HQ or if you got ripped off.[/quote]

Ill definitely try the cup thing next time. Most of the weed is already gone Haha. I mainly started this thread to see how to make the scale work better and this was a good answer. I know that I wasn't ripped off a gram

6. This may sound like a weird question, but did you dealer weigh it in the bag? And if he did, are you weighing it in the bag or did you dump it out first?

7. #27 MauiSon, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    What you need is a calibrated 1/8 ounce weight. Then when your dealer weighs out your weed, just check his scale with your weight and verify it reads the same as the weed did - problem solved. Also, you can check your scale with it too. By weighing the same amount, instead of something heavier or lighter, you avoid some of the variable sources of error involved.

8. actually taking out batteries does not recalibrate your scale you need a set weight often 200g or 500g to recalibrate. So OP recalibrate your scale go to head shop for correct weight to do it. If it still doesnt weigh right buy a less than "cheap" scale lol.

9. dont know if this has been said... im too high to read the other posts but i once had a problem EXACTLY like this with my scale that looks pretty much exactly like yours. It turns out my scale weighs in grams, ounces, and some third measurement i have no idea wtf it is. At the time i had thought my scale only weighed in grams or ounces, so when i thought i was set to weigh in grams, i was weighing in whatever the third unknown unit was. Get what im saying? :confused:

And i remember the difference being 1.0g = .6 or .7ish of this other unit, which would give numbers aroooound what you were saying.

10. You know you weren't ripped off? You said your scale was fine, and the eighth only weighed to 2.5... your guy weighed it out to 3.5, so obviously his scale was fucked up. You didn't get what you paid for...

but whatever...

11. It's probably pennyweight (dwt). 1g = ~0.643dwt (pennyweight). Some scales also weigh in carats (ct), but 1g = 5ct...so that's obviously different :)

12. [quote name='"PCjabber"']

It's probably pennyweight (dwt). 1g = ~0.643dwt (pennyweight). Some scales also weigh in carats (ct), but 1g = 5ct...so that's obviously different :)[/quote]

It says "G" in the corner though. And the nickel was 5 grams