Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Scale of the Universe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Xenfire, Oct 11, 2011.

1. http://www.primaxstudio.com/stuff/scale_of_universe/scale-of-universe-v1.swf

This is the coolest fucking website ever.

Its a scale of things in the universe, you can zoom in and out right down to quantum foam and planck length, and right out to the size of the universe, and everything in between inlcluding some common earth objects, microscopic shit, planets, suns, etc.

I thought a lot of high people would really enjoy this kind of thing so here it is! I urge you to try it out, especially if you're into science and that kind of thing, and even if you are not.

Enjoy! :D

2. [​IMG]

can't even begin to comprehend...

3. I just kept yelling back at the monitor "WHAT THE FUCK?! How big does this shit go?!"

I thought the earth --> sun was impressive...god damn

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEheh1BH34Q]Star Size Comparison HD - YouTube[/ame]

5. #5 Mogwai, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
    It's crazy. From wikipedia concerning VY Canis Majoris:

"3.063 billion km or 1.7 billion miles in diameter, and about 1.5 kiloparsecs (4,900 light years, 4.6x1016 km or 2.9x1016 mi) distant from Earth."

"The star has been discovered to be very unstable, having thrown off much of its mass into its surrounding nebula. Astronomers, with the help of the Hubble Space Telescope, have predicted that VY Canis Majoris will be blown up, as a hypernova, in less than 100,000 years"

6. Thats sweet. I found it funny how on Uranus it clearly states "Pronounced Ur-ee-naus"

7. Can't wait to do this when I'm high