Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Saying goodbye to marijuana for a while.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by puffpuff hold, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Well yesterday, I drank a little too much alcohol and I woke up at 8pm in my bed..not knowing if its day or night or what the fuck happened. Turns out I was passed out on the floor with throw up everywhere. I guess my dad helped me into new clothes and found the eigth stashed in my boxer briefs. Didn't even say anything until this morning where he threatened to go to the police or send me to a drug program or whatever, managed to talk him out of that, but I think its about time to take that long break off weed. Probably starting today or tomorrow after I smoke a whole eigth ._.

What helps you quit weed when you need a little assistance going on a T-break or whatever?

2. You might need rehab if you are binge drinking like that. Try giving up the booze too.

EDIT: Not remembering what happened is also a huge red flag.

3. An alternative that can take up your time that can give you a physically tired high like mountain biking, swimming, gym, water polo, dick sucking, riding a unicycle

4. So you are giving up cannabis because you drank too much? Am I missing something here?

5. Well enjoy the eighth. Good luck with everything and I hope it all works out. It's weird he would see you like that from alcohol and yet be pissed off about the pot. lol.. but yeah bro. take care, maybe start burnin when you move out?

6. I think you have an alcohol problem...

Good idea to give up everything though until you straighten out your life

7. I tried to take a break last week.. it lasted all of six hours and I was super irritable. Don't try it

8. He's giving up cannibas b/c of his dad i believe.

9. For the people trying to call me an alcoholic, I rarely even drink, recently I've been doing it more so it's been like once a week. But yesterday no one was really drinking so I basically drank like half a bottle of skyy vodka..and yeah, I'm quitting weed because of my dad. Right now, where my tolerance is at, the quality of high isn't even worth getting caught again. My quick tempered dad almost walked into the police station down the block to say "I found my sons fucking marijuana go catch the dealer" what a fucking idiot..I told him he would just get the blame and he said he didn't care.

10. I'll let you in no a secret, you don't need 'help' to stop using cannabis. It's less addictive than caffeine and nicotine, and there are virtually no withdraw symptoms. I had to stop smoking because of the courts, and I've been sober for about 13 months. I just stopped buying and didn't get high when my friends offered it to me. You might have a mental dependence, which is where you think you need to get high every day, but there is no such thing as a physical dependence to cannabis.

good luck though.

11. Fuck booze, why does cannabis always take the fall when people do irresponsible stuff like drinking til u throw up. But i dont know the whole story im just making a general point, not directing towards you necessarily

12. Sounds like your dad needs to medicate :smoke:

13. I didn't see anyone say alcoholic. One can have a drinking problem without being an alcoholic, and if you had a memory blackout and vomited all over I would suggest you back off the drinking.

14. I suggest like others that you stop smoking for a while and stop drinking all together.

15. Hey man, your dad isn't an "idiot". He loves you and you probably scared the shit out of him. If you had aspirated your vomit while unconscious, you could easily have DIED. I know his reaction was probably severe, but try to see it from his point of view. He just wants you to be safe and live a happy, successful life. What if you had tried to drive while you were blacked out? Or walked into traffic? We have all had a time, or so of overindulging in alcohol where the results were not cool, but YOU have to make certain that you correct your actions before it happens again, or becomes a pattern.
    Some counseling might not be a terrible idea. No one worth your time is going to give you any shit about it, or think less of you. It can help you learn the tools you need to see that this doesn't happen again. It doesn't mean you are an addict, or an alcoholic. It means you are smart enough to want to change for the better and grow from mistakes. Good luck to you. We're on your side, bro.
    Peace.

16. Take a T break for a while if the highs not good anymore and don't get pissed for the sake of it, especially on vodka, that shit's nasty!

I wouldn't say you're an addict or need to stop drinking, just drink to socialize/relax not to get paralytic,

Good luck man

17. i dont think weed is your problem. its the drink.

18. I dont know mutch about drinking. Never really been into it. But I do know, if you keep yourself occupied its a lot easier then just sitting at home bored as fuck. Also it helps if you dont buy bud lol. I think you'll find it difficult to not smoke an eigth of sour D sitting right in front of you.
    Good luck to you.

19. giving up weed because of something induced by alcohol... good one.

20. Wait so your dad found you passed out drunk, with puke all over you, and was more concerned about the weed you had on you? WTF?