Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Saving a joint for later? First post

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by llecnam, Dec 15, 2014.

1. This is my first post here on the forum, so please bear with me!

I smoke pretty often, maybe 3 - 5 days a week for the past year, and prior to that smoked casually for threeish years.

Although I'd consider myself very experienced, I'm still a lightweight. (I like it like that tho)

Recently, after not smoking for two weeks since I've been trying to wait to break my sobriety with my new bong (which still hasnt arrived), I caved and rolled a fat j. Maybe after getting 75% through it, I was gone, so without thinking I put my quarter joint in the bud baggie without emptying my bud into my jar, and put the whole baggie in my jar. The next morning, I pulled out the joint and packed a kief sprinkled bowl for after I had finished it. I smoked the j and I was already way too high for my bowl, so I had to save it for later.

Why did the quarter joint get me just as high as, if not higher than the other 75% of it? Does it have anything to do with it sitting in a bag filled with bud overnight? And I cant be going crazy because both sesh's were with my girlfriend, who has only smoked with me casually for the past year, but has a naturally higher tolerance.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 llecnam, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    (we both had our own joint, both went in the baggie. we weren't sharing one)

3. It has nothing to do with sitting in the baggie overnight. The resin from smoking the first 75% built up on the last 25%, thus make it more potent.

4. No. Joints do not become more potent simply by being in a bag with bud. Full or empty stomach and Hydration can play a role in the experience of your high.

5. #5 llecnam, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    This seems to make sense, thank you. It seems to happen on almost every rare occasion that I happen to save a joint for later and I wasn't sure what it think of it.

6. Idk. I've never smoked the back end of j or blunt and it got me higher than majority j/blunt I originally smoked.

7. Nah, couldn't be this. When we smoke in the morning we have a ritual where we both drink a yoohoo with a donut and then share a yoohoo during the sesh, so it was pretty much the same thing.

8. There are several of factors that you could have experianced that day.
    1) the first time you smoke after a good nights sleep will always be the best and gradually work down from there "chasing then dragon" if you will.  No matter how good or how much you smoke it will always deminish throughout the day...
    2) The resin of joints builds up at the end of the joint.  (that's why I hate smoking them.)  Wonder why your joint is discolored and sticky/ slightly wet?  It's prolly not drool from your smoking partner, but cannabanoid build-up at the end of the roach...
    3) If I'm sleepy when I smoke I tend to get a better buzz, I think the two have a synergy together...  I STRONGLY prefer Indica strains with high CBD's so I think that helps the synergestic effect.
    4) hydration/ stomache contents
    5) any thing else you may have, or might not have, might add to that...  ie. prescription/ OTC pills, amino acids/ etc...
    6) last but certainly not least!!, why did you put you're roach back in your bag-o-bud??  To purposfully make the rest of the buds smell like shit?!  LOL  That is certainly not it...

MY !ST POST HERE!!  I was a member of OverGrow way back when (psychonaut420), went off the radar, now I'm back to spread the good news here to new gowers.  I wish OG was still out there...  It was ALL ENCOMPASSING.  Hopefully I can give back my two cents and invest it into this forum to make it the best!