Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sativa vs. Indica

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mhall90, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Alright, well I know that sativa gives you more of a body high and stuff like that, but how can you tell? Can you tell by the buds? I'd think most are just combinations of the two and one is usually more dominent than the other.
    And if you can't tell from the buds, then how can you tell during your smoke sessioin? If I got really really high, I'd think it was sativa, but if I smoked something else and didn't as high, I'd just think that it wasn't as potent, not that it had been indica and it was just a totally different type of experience. So just, can you ever tell? How?

:smoking:

2. You can't tell by looking at the buds, but you can tell if you know what plant it came from because they look different. If you start you feel couch-locked or are getting weird body sensations, whatever you're smoking is either indica or indica dominant. If you laugh a lot and are thinking differently than you normally would, your'e probably smoking sativa or sativa dominant. But there are also hybrid strains that contain both sativa and indica-like properties.

3. Yeah the body sensations are my favorite part of being high actually, well over half of what I enjoy about it, maybe 60%. Id say after that comes laughing (25%), then thinking different than normal (15%). This is why I like Indicas or hybrids. When I smoke straight sativas, its not as fun for me, still better than being sober though:smoking:.

4. When I smoke Indica dominant, it feels like my body is being massaged and I can't move and I just want to watch the tv or something.

Sativa makes me feel twitchy and energetic and I think really fast and one thought links to another in the most amazing and unpredictable ways.