Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sativa VS Indica experiment.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Lovesmyreligion, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I already know the difference between the two. But as far as short term memory loss have you personally experienced more or less when smoking one VS the other?

I'm hoping to be mostly sticking to Sativas soon, I'm more of the type that likes to think about things and be more motivated rather than just chill like the mode Indica puts me in.

But I was just wondering if any of you have noticed a difference between the two? For me personally I've gotten strains of whatever is available, I'm sure they are mostly Indicas though, and I notice I forget things more often in the spur of the moment when I use regularly. But I'm hoping eventually to measure the two up more accurately.

2. Memory loss is in both indicas and sativas. It seems like I get it more when I get hybrids with more indica genetics.

Would be a hard thing to do an experiment on as every single grow is unique in its own way and same as every person. But for keeping your memory I'll prescribe you sativa all the way :)

3. Yeah, honestly both will effect your memory negatively... I can't really say one is better then the other...

BUT I've noticed with sativas I will "brainstorm" more and go through more ideas quickly, causing me forget my original train of thought..

while indicas on the other hand I will just forget what I was thinking about but not go on a brainstorm of ideas... my brain is more like a lake instead of flowing water if that makes any sense?

But obviously the biggest factor here is how much you smoke, because the difference between 1 hit (high grade cannibas) and 4 on my memory is pretty mind blowing. I definitely wouldn't do well recalling numbers or something like that immediately after smoking..... also I've noticed that usually immediately after smoking is when my memory loss is the worst (short term that is)

4. i don't know about this, my memory has improved with the use of ganja. maybe it was just really bad in the past but it has gotten better. stress caused mind blocks and senior moments are no longer that much of a problem :smoke:

5. For memory loss, I recommend ...

Jot down everything in your Calendar on your Phone and be done with it !

I love Indica better just for the Pain Relief, I'll deal with Memory Issues with my Calendar

6. Well, I smoke both and my opinion on this subject is uh, well, lemme think a minute....what were we talking about? :p

7. For me, the moment I try and do the act of remembering what the fuck I was just talking about is the moment the memory goes.. Might come back later though.

Only when I'm high do I experience this sort of thing, not long term

8. THC = bad for the brain
    CBD & CBN = counteracts THCs memory screwimg effects . CBD has also been shown to improve memory .

Indicas = high CBD and CBN = less memory impairing than sativas
    Sativas = high thc and low CBD and CBN

9. Hmm that's interesting. I am interested in results if you actually do experiment. For me I usually only smoke at night so I stick to indicas when I can, the only time I notice a significant memory difference is short term, usually lasts only 5 or so hours after smoking.

10. whoa...thc is bad for the brain?

11. [quote name='"jamesmartin"']THC = bad for the brain
    CBD & CBN = counteracts THCs memory screwimg effects . CBD has also been shown to improve memory .

Indicas = high CBD and CBN = less memory impairing than sativas
    Sativas = high thc and low CBD and CBN[/quote]

How exactly is THC bad for the brain?