Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sativa vs Indica effects

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TheGreenCaptainNE, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Just picked up some Sour Diesel which is supposedly a Sativa heavy strain. The issue I'm having is that it turns me into a useless automaton when supposedly Sativa's are supposed to get you moving. I sat on the couch not wanting to move for two hours.

Is it because I'm not used to smoking good stuff (usually smoking beasters)? I've tried this in multiple quantities(.2 one hitter-1.5g blunt) at a time to make sure I didn't just smoke too much(haha hard to do). Even from a one hitter I end up being stupid. More so than normal. Picture is attached, might help might not.

Just wondering if people have completely different reactions to indica's and Sativa's than what you may read about.

Attached Files:

2. I've wondered if the whole distinction is false.  I smoke named strains and can't tell the difference between their effects.   There just seems to be excellent and bad weed.  Maybe some strains I need to smoke more to get the effect I'm after - but whether I'm active or stuck on the couch seems to have more to do with my mood previous - 

And smoking a ton of bad pot will usually just make me tired, while smoking a small amount of excellent pot keeps me active.  Maybe you were smoking too much of the very excellent sour diesel - as if it were the lesser stuff you're used to?

But I dk - although I've smoked for 40 years I can't "taste" flavors in smoke that people talk about - maybe because I don't smoke cigarettes - smoke is smoke to me, or rather, vapor is vapor.  (couldn't ever taste differences in joints though either, for the first 30 yrs

If you didnt get it from a dispensary it's likely just a very potent sativa dominant indica hybrid. Either way though, sativa gives you a couch lock once your high peaks

4. There's definitely a noticeable difference between the 2. But people sometimes make it out to be much bigger than it really is. As if Sativa is going to make you trip off your ass and indica is going to knock you out, but in reality they're both just weed with different cannabinoids

5. Both feel the same in a way, but also different. If I smoke an Indica and am out and about I feel more tired. Just want to sit down and relax. When I smoke a sativa and am out and about I can take on the day and want to stay active. So they each do have their own effects. Sativa is more head high and more active/aware. Indica is more body stone and more relaxing/tired. I feel with only dank you can tell the difference. Their are many more qualities I didnt mention, but I feel it does vary strain to strain.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. They both have that "I don't give a crap" feeling for me. I guess this stuff just makes my mind race while I'm firmly planted on the couch. I love the couch lock. I don't smoke until everything is done for the day. Guess I prefer that put me to sleep stuff. Still awesome stuff though. Taste and smell is legit gasoline smelling with a strong odor of fresh cut grass, not that wet hay smell of mids or the skunky spicy pine smell of kush. Good thing is its different every week.

7. Haha that looks like some sticky icky stuff brotha! I know how you feel, I am a lightweight and I can get stupid high with around 0.2 dank stuff. I don't really get to chance to smoke that often so my tolerance is always low. 

peace

8. I smoke everyday but this is primo stuff I was thankful to get. I wasn't expecting to be so locked on the couch by this stuff. Its an uplifting high. Kind of funny though because I'd put it as "I feel up to anything as long as its done from the couch" best way to describe it.