Sativa scrog-WHEN TO FLIP TO 12/12??

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by exs, Sep 7, 2011.

1. This is my first ScrOG of amnesia lemon and jack diesel both 70/30 sativa dominant.

Everything going well so far all 9 plants just reaching screen some just gone through and pulled back under after 4 weeks veg(FIMmed after 2 weeks)

4 x 4 screen 12'' above pots

600w hps veg and flower

Looking for advice on when to switch to 12/12 in order to fill screen but not over fill, anyone with scrog experience of sativa dominant strains please reply!Thinking sometime this week??Pics in my journal Day 29

Thanks

2. Flipped to 12/12 decided it would be better goin to 12/12 a bit too early instead of too late

3. So they're already a foot tall? What's your total clearance? With the 600hps, your ceiling should be at least 6' from the floor. You probably did a good thing by not waiting any longer.

4. Yeah good thing you flipped. 3 weeks is plenty for a sativa beast. I'm about to scrog.

Imma read your journal

5. Thanks for the replys flipped after 30 days veg come check it out see how this stretch pans out

6. I veg my plants under a 400W MH, then put them into a flower room with multiple 600W HPS and the screen. My screen is about 8 inches above the rim of the pots. I let them go until the screen is about 3/4 to 7/8 full, then flip.

I wait about 2-3 weeks and then stop training them under the screen. I like to pull back the grow tips a bit (especially if I let them go until the screen is about 7/8 full), and put the wee cola/grow tips up through a hole in the screen. I'm still experimenting with the pull back method. Hopefully I'll have a diary up in a month or so with loads of pictures.

So in essence, I don't use a time frame on when to flip. I wait until my screen is about full.

7. IF THEY ARE SATIVA FLIP ASAP i know from experience they will take ur space over

8. Depends on the sativa or the sativa hybrid. Some will try to take over, others are a bit more peaceful. It helps to have grown out a particular strain a few times in a SCRoG. Practice makes perfect!