Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sativa Lovers (sativa lovers only, lol)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by h4rk4t, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Hey all,

jsut wanted to start up a thread for people that are all for sativas and have an expierence (or more) to share about strains of sativas you've tried out.
    peace

2. IM HIGH-JACKING THIS THREAD NUKKAAAAA

INDICA LOVAZ FO LIFEEE!!!!!!

Hhahaha..I want a sedating high bro.

INDICAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HIGH-JACKKKKK

3. Ha! I'm an Indica lover! What are you gonna do?! Huh?!

;)

4. ^^^^^ you 2 made me laugh so hard :D

5. youg guys saying indicas better havent smoked pure sativa i gaurantee it.people rarely sell pure sativa because its so airy and looks like stemas and barely any bud.sativa high is way better then couch looked from too much indica.

6. Couch lock is good before sleep or school but I would like stavia any other time. I don't like to too tired to move.

7. i would much rather have sativa, but i cant find any decent contacts with a good sativa here. oh well, indica is bitchin anyways :smoking:

8. Sativa- Everyday bud

Indica- Party bud

9. well i imagine that most "indica lovers" are such because they grow for $$$ *vomit* and indicas do have faster turnarounds and higher yields. it's all about the money.

when i started smoking in the mid 80s... EVERYONE had thai sinsemillia and it was just $40 a quarter. it was beyond awesome. you'd ONLY get couchlock after smoking all day long or ripping 5 quick one hitters in a bong.

the BEST thing about that thai (smelled like pinecones, not what haze does) was the effects. it REALLY expandeds in the lungs and could cause serious woofing, but once you felt those butterflies in your stomach... you knew you were about to become REAL happy very soon. sure, it could induce paranoia, but it could also induce extreme euphoria. all someone would have to do is say "you've been smoking haven't you?" then you'd get a stupid grin and bust out laughing.

man was it ever trippy too. the very first time i smoked it with some coworkers after closing, i was driving home in the rain and the rain looked like spears in my headlights. then i tore a few more hits off before getting home and when i turned the TV on, a newscaster was looking scary realistic and 3D! another time when i ripped 4 or 5 one hitters straight, i could literally see faint computer type SFX when i closed my eyes. then, another time, when i shared some with an experienced smoker i went to school with, he was REALLY impressed. as we sat in my car listening to funky new wave songs before i dropped him off at his parents, i looked out into a field of weeds and noticed that they looked like wierd aliens advancing on the car as they swayed in the breeze. when i pointed it out, at first he said i was crazy, but when he looked out, he agreed. i think that's when he said "this is awesome shit, what is it?"

that thai not only made one's mind race, but it didn't stop one's body either. i would go out dancing for hours straight until i was soaked with sweat. try that with an indica!

at my next job, i used to get a huge rush over secretely snagging a bowl of ice cream before opening. thai can give you this crazy feeling like you're walking downhill and your feet just want to walk and high kick at the same time. i bet that's where the term "getting high" comes from as you literally get a light floating sensation. i used to go to the ice cream freezer saying to myself "when the cat is away, the mice will play" and chow down on it totally blissed out watching MTV on the bar's TV. really wierd music loves thai too. it just makes everything seem more real and intense than it actually is.

in comparison, ALL evil indicas do nothing except dull all my senses and make keeping my eyes open a struggle. i've taken a couple hits then wasted them dozing off immediately so many times i can't count them.

all of the indicas that polluted the market with NO SATIVAS AT ALL except commercial mexican sucked! i started to hate smoking. not only did quality of the buzz take a nosedive when greedy SOB growers started growing it, but freakin' prices doubled almost overnight! WTF should i pay double for shit that's not even 1/10th as good?

sorry, to this very day, i still would rather smoke piss weak sundried mexican commercial brick (even when it's packed in castor oil!). sure, you're not going to get too high off it and it fades in just 15-20 minutes, but it's still a taste up that upwards spiraling sativa energy. the BEST smoke i ever had after the indica apocalypse was growing a mixture of all of the bagseed i'd collected, much of which was commercial brick under a couple of 4' flourescent shoplights! i wasn't even growing for bud, i'd just tweeze off the newest leaflets big enough to grab or take a new central sprout to encourage branching. every day i'd have a gram or so of up smoke and 2-3 of the strains i had were straight up skunks, but those spicier mexicans were speacial. i wish i had more than 2 seeds of the AWESOME commercial i called "spice" that had a peppery flavor as they were potent and possibly kali mist.

then, one day, my sister's boyfriend brings me a bud of actual kali mist. i'm immediately so excited that i offer my life savings if he can get me some weight even before i smoked it as i knew it was a real sativa. it was a blast to smoke that 1 gram bud that i tried to nurse. at first, i tried to sit down and trip out on tunes like i would off thai, but it kept my mind and body racing like speed or something, but with MUCH euphoria. i ended up cleaning my entire house including my fishtanks while humming happy tunes with a stupid smile on my face. it also had an amazing red pepper taste. i like spicy foods, so from that day on, kali mist was my "dream grow". i'd rather do thai, but it just isn't indoor friendly with it's 12+ weeks to flower cycle and enormous size.

kali mist is the very best weed i've ever smoked for those days you want to do the things you keep putting off. it has ridiculous amounts of happy, clear headed thought provoking energy, but it isn't trippy.

another time, he brought me a durban poison bud. once more, i could only get hold of that one bud sadly. it tasted like straight up black licorice and made me nauseous as that's one of the most disgusting flavors in the world to me. if you like it, it's worth trying durban just for the flavor. i don't recall it being either trippy or energetic, but it was definately a sativa smoke and much more potent than mexcom. perhaps it would have been more intense if i just dove right in on it instead of trying to make it last a week. even with the disgusting flavor (delicious for you?), i would gladly smoke it again. as it stands, there's durban poison in the pure power plant i'm growing right now.

i did smoke some allegedly "75% sativa" skunk #1 once, but was totally unimpressed with it. it was hydro and had no flavor and it had none of the trippy or speedy qualities that sativas are known for. it wasn't even euphoric which is what it's supposed to be. it seemed like just another indica bastard strain to me.

right now, i'm growing a few named strains in my first attempt to get buds.

the top of my list is spice brothers' C99 splash (cinderella 99 with about 7% trippy lien huanh). i'm going to use a c99s male to pollinate ALL of my other strains. hurry up and buy spice brothers' strains as i think they're out of business now and most of the best strains they carry like apollo 11 genius & C99 are gone. i think i'm going to order some (A11g X lien huanh) X A11g beans from there before it's too late. A11 is related to C99, but she's trippier and he's more euphoric. C99 is supposed to have a subtle floral bouquet with a pineapple flavor. add that to a fast maturing yet trippy plant and she sounds awesome to me.

as mentioned, i have nirvana pure power plant because i didn't want to grow durban and end up giving it all away. LOL i liked the idea of going with african sativa genes as i think most of the sativa in C99 is mexican with a bit of thai. i have high hopes for this cross. for what it's worth, the PPP leaves are really wide like an indica so far and they popped out of their shells in less than 24 hours with 100% germination.

two other nirvana hybrids i went with are bubblicious (bubble gum) & california orange. i wanted them more for flavor and the cali-o in particular to cross with lemony sativas like hawaiian sativa or burmese. i had wanted spice brothers' apollo orange (A11g X cali-o) instead, but that's one of the strains that's gone too so i'll just do my own. besides, A11 has alot of indy in it anyways. i'd rather go with a (pure lemony sativa X calio) X lemony sativa to try and make an orange flavored sativa. besides, cali-o is supposed to be porent but clear headed. bubblicious is a neat flavor and it's supposed to be euphoric and i've read that there are more sativa phenos for it.

i went with mixed sativa from the sativa seed bank thinking it was a mix of all of their seeds and not a single hybrid, had i known that, i would have went with sativa mexicana that i really wanted instead, but once these tiny seeds finally sprouted, they took off like crazy so at least it's a vigorous strain if nothing else and might do something nice with a C99s cross.

i decided to try high quality seeds' haze X skunk #1 as haze is what i wish i was growing anyways and it would raise skunk #1 from 75% to 87.5% sativa which is good in my opinion, especially because a full 50% of that plant will be haze. i was inspired to try it when my nirvana SADP X skunk #1 freebies didn't hatch.

and finally, i'm growing some troublemaker (hindu kush X master kush) because it was a freebie and i'm thinking of making my own version of skunk #1 using thai instead of mexican sativas. if nothing else, i'll have at least one pure indica for those times i want to just go to sleep.

i can't wait to get some lights and harvest these babies and post smoke reports for them and COMPARE them to each other the way ANY strain report should. no pics... no long boring details like the time of day i water them and the exact amount of water used... just
    how happy each strain makes me.

next time around, i'm going to go for some higher end $ativaS like love potion #1, kali mist & burmese, but for now, i just want to get started and learn the ropes.

one last thing...

abolish all indicas! long live sativas!

if you want something done right... do it yourself. i'll take great pleasure in just giving away whatever i can't smoke to clue today's poor uninformed consumers as to exactly what they're missing and how big a ripoff those prized "sticky buds" are. there's more to potency than resin volume.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pretty much everything here at my college is indica it just puts me to sleep.

I just got some new stuff friend said it was sativa and i'll have a good time with it. hopefully he's telling the truth:eek:

11. Great post pokernaut, welcome to GC.

I've recently been lucky enough to pick up some decent amounts of an outdoor sativa. It smells delicious, I liken it to a sweetened version of the piney musk. A swooping eurphoric beginning that matures into a clear thinking introspective high. Love live sativas!

12. Sativa > Indica

13. Thass why I've growing Grapefruit x Neville's Haze... 100% sativa :)

14. It all depends on the occasion. I like sativas and I smoke sativa-dominant herb most of the time. Sativas are good for partying, chilling, or work and school and shit like that.

Indicas are good for releiving stress. I find that if I smoke a sativa while I'm stressed, it just makes me more stressed.

15. I love sativas... I cant stand being really lazy and not beign able to get off my ass. Id rather have a real heady high and feel retarded :p

16. i really doubt its 100% sativa. nothing is pure anymore unless the strain has been kept virgin for many years.

17. is it possible to tell what kind you have in its final stage? right before im about to smoke a fat nug i wanna say "this satvia is going to be so sick" or "this indica is going to turn my head"

18. not really. there are plants that are squat and broad leaved that smoke like a sativa and some that look like sativas that are stony and confusing. i have a bagseed "sativa" like that and my C99 and PPP plants look like indicas so far, but PPP is pure IBL sativa genes and C99 is a trippy/paranoid high.

there are OTHER factors that affect the quality of your THC profile too.

if you harvest ANY strain too late, the THC will degrade to CBD & CBN which are more common in indicas than sativas. the best time to harvest any bud is before the trichromes (resin glands) start to degrade. they're best when they are clear. when your trichromes turn yellow to amber or frost over, you're losing that clear headed sativa high.

heat also degrades THC. that's probably one of the big reasons that genetically awesome mexican sativa genes can be so weak once the plants sit in piles in the sun for weeks at a time to dry.

ultraviolet radiation is said to increase THC potency.

never underestimate the power of good treatment on a plant either... plenty of water and good root aeration, ample nutrients, freedom from disease etc. all affect quality too.

even within a given batch of seeds, individuals can have different tastes and THC profiles depending on how inbred the seeds are. different traits are called "phenos" and some strains can have several different phenos like mothers' finest which is a 4 way cross that has just as many phenos.

if you're a sativa lover, be prepared to give up a slightly larger yield in favor of an earlier harvested bud. i remember reading in one of my grow guides... yes... i've been jerking off to the idea of growing indoors for over 20 years as soon as everything turned indica, that one should harvest once your tricromes have turned around 10-20%. i say BS! harvest the moment you see a single resin gland glaze over or star to darken.

i agree with the person who said you're not growing a 100% sativa too. i'm pretty sure grapefruit is a 50/50 hybrid and even haze has a little bit of northern lights in it if memory serves me right. it might smoke like a sativa, but i doubt it's 100% it's probably closer to 75% or 87.5% sativa.

you don't need 100% sativa to get a nice sativa smoke though. indicas are good at bringing the size and flowering time of sativas down as long as you breed for sativa THC profiles. kali mist is about 12.5% indica, but that shee is AWESOME!

whoever gets sativa paranoia... try some kali mist. it's VERY euphoric. so far, NOTHING i've smoked has made me so happy. apollo 11 is supposed to be pretty euphoric too. i think the A11 genius pheno is the one that's the most euphoric, at least it's the one everyone always talks about. from what i've heard about burmese, it's a pretty laid back sativa too and even grows relatively compact.

i don't mind a little bit of occasional "hey! who hid the pencil i put behind my ear?!!!" sativa paranoia if i can also experience some trippy "hey... look at all those pretty colors" action too. LOL

glad to see that they're are still a FEW people who know the difference between sleeping pills and stimulants. (i mean REAL hallucinogens)

if all you're getting at school is the same crappy indica hybrids that can't be avoided these days, then just do it yourself. for a pretty small investment, you could put a light in a closet (it's no accident i have a 4' X 4' walk in ;))and grow what YOU WANT. there are plenty of practical sativa dominant strains available on the cheap too. the strains at the sativa seed bank go for around $20 as do many of the sativa dominant strains at high quality seeds. my SSB mixed sativa is growing quite nice for a $20 investment. don't forget nirvana either. any sativa lover would be interested in their jock horror, pure power plant, durban poison or possibly even AK-48 & big bud strains. if you have the time and space, they even sell haze for about $17 when you couldn't get it for less than $150 a few years ago.

these are great times to go against the flow and grow REAL WEED. "SCROG" style gardening has also made taming tree sized pure sativas alot easier indoors. just tie everything down to a screen.

• Like Like x 1
  19. interesting info heh. And thanks for all that info pokernaut SERIOUSLY that was alot of helpfull stuff! i have a plant rightn ow and the trichs are about 92% cloudy 3% amber 5%cleer... so i think im cutting the light tonight...and haresting in 3-5 days after having complete darkness for those days.
    its a nevilles haze butt took on the reccessive traits of NL#5 so its gonna be something new to me.

20. Without a dought the best sativia high ever has to be Malawi gold-afropips seeds so phycadelic it will blow your mind, its like when you have magic mushys and the first wave hits you that overwelming happy feeling and all this stuff running through your head only if you had a page.