satanism

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by fearthebug, Jul 11, 2008.

1. i bought a copy of the satanic bible (written by anton levey), and it described satanism as a celebration of life. to do what you wish as long as no one else suffered unintended consequences. anton also went on to say that satanism is often confused with demon worship, and that satanists don't worship demons, but just indulge in the carnal pleasures instead of restraining them. no agenda to the thread, but i'm just wondering what the collective masses think when they hear the word "satanism".

2. True that Levey's Satanism isn't quite your typical Red-Horned Worshipping, bloodletting demon-freak-fest...

It still has sooooooo many faults, just like any "organized" religion.

3. it was years ago when i read it, and i can't find the book at this moment, so what were your opinions on the faults that it showed?

4. Just like any other religion... I don't agree with a set doctrine. A set doctrine allows for too much conflict... conflict between practitioners and the doctrine, conflict between practitioners with different beliefs (think of Shia (sp?) and Suni (sp?) Muslims)...

I believe that whatever you choose to believe in... it should be through your own outreach, development and devotion... Things tend to be more genuine and be able to focus on the true purpose of religion, rather than focusing on the minor details of beliefs.

So rather than prying the faults of Levey's Satanism... I'd rather pry at the faults of any organized religion. I believe in God and Jesus... but I don't go to church, or affiliate myself with any sect of such. This leaves my relationship with God an open one... rather than conflicting with other's of similar, yet differing beliefs.

Hope that makes sense. :smoking:

5. ok, i just figured the founder of satanism meant to say "do whatever makes you happy, but if it makes someone else unhappy, you shouldn't do it since it negatively effects someone else"