Satanism?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Krementz, May 2, 2012.

1. Now i might be playing the devils advocate here :D, but what are your thoughts on satanism and its practices? If your unfamiliar with satanic practice check out this website...

Official Church of Satan Website

2. #2 Nechesh, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    Anton LaVey is a scam artist and his brand of "Satanism" is not representative of what it truly is. Anton LaVey stole the name and image of Satan to shock people and as a play on the whole "Satanism scare" devised by the media which occurred after Charles Manson's arrest. LaVey also charged people a fee to become "actual members" or whatever so, in that regard, LaVey's "Satanism" is parallel to Scientology... basically what I'm saying is LaVey scammed people for a quick buck and stole the idea of Satan to use as a marketing tool, essentially. So, no, what you posted right there is not Satanism.

3. I personally don't care what kind of practices religions have, but this one I have 1 problem with, they sacrifice animals and people. Other than that don't really care.

4. As far as I know, Laveyans dont sacrifice people. Their kind of Satanism is more about self empowerment, not feeling guilty for sins and getting what you want etc, caring for those close to you but not neccesarily those people whom you do not know, and being peacful but destroying those who harm you or your family. Not really sacrificing people and all that stuff as far as i know. I dont follow any religion but Laveyan Satanism does interest me and its practitioners seem to be a lot smarter than your average Christian thats for sure (especially when most chrisitans continually commit sins).

For example, King Diamond:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rz47t92IH8]King Diamond in eleva2ren part 1 ENGLISH SUBTITLES - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWye6g9sN5Q&feature=relmfu]King Diamond in eleva2ren part 2 ENGLISH SUBTITLES - YouTube[/ame]

5. like any other religion, there are seperate sections of satanism. most of the time i wouldnt really consider it satanism, but more of like a pagan type belief. using satan as the image mainly. the same way people would use umm..god maybe?
    there is a satanist group that sacrifice things. but to me..they are all fucked in the head hahahaha i have met several of these people and its just...ridiculous.

6. Too theatrical for my tastes. I'd rather read Nietzsche.

No, they don't. I'd suggest reading around the subject.

7. The Church of Satan, or Laveyan Satanism, is atheistic in nature. They're rituals are purely for shock value, why else are you doing a ritual to beings you don't believe in to affect change? lol

8. I'm a Christian so of course I don't believe in it, but I do believe it's a scam for the same reasons you guys have already talked about.

9. I pray to joe pesci.

10. Christianity + Satanism =

11. LaVeyan satanism is atheistic and the followers regard Satan as a symbol for human nature. Its more of a philosophy than a religion (most of its followers don't consider it a religion)

There are a few different movements in Satanism, luciferianism is the actual worship of lucifer.

It honestly doesn't sound any crazier to me than worshiping god, heck, it sounds better.

12. #12 palindrome, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
    Just because not every branch does doesn't mean it's not done, I'm talking in a pretty broad aspect. Many cults do.

Here's an example:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOj76xrG62k&feature=related]Daughter of Satanist High Priest Tells of Her Experiences!! - YouTube[/ame]

1:30 I'm an atheist by the way, I don't believe in any of this crap, all I'm saying is that yea, sacrifices to the "what people believe to be the devil" are made and it's ridiculous.

13. Lucifer
    We are here
    For your praise
    Evil One

14. All this post has made clear is that you have no knowledge of the topic being discussed. Read LeVay's satanic bible and come back.

Protip: Born again Christians talking about other religions/philosophies are far from credible.

15. roight

16. >LeVay's Satanism
    >Talking about sacrifices people make to the devil

The Church of Satan does not recognise the existance of any "devil". Seriously, having some knowledge of what you're talking about will save a lot of looking uninformed.

17. The whole idea of Satanism is totally ridiculousness. Why?

Our concept of Satan comes from the Hebrew texts that make up the Old Testament portion of the Bible.

So - if the concept of Satan is true, then the Bible is true and the Bible says that believers in God have power over Satan - so no threat.

And - if the Bible is not true then Satan is not true - so no threat.

Why would anyone give a F*** about Satan or Satanism?

18. Completely incorrect as the entire concept of Satan that is written in Judeo-Christian text is nothing but lies and misrepresentation. Satan is truth, enlightenment, free will, science, and magick whereas "god" is jealousy, deception, half-truths, and ignorance. Also, one who accepts Satan and/or Satanism does not also have to accept any part of any Abrahamic faith. The Jewish, Christian (especially Roman Catholic), and Islamic creeds are nothing more than a means of controlling a vast group of people; accomplished by destroying the old ways of pagan religions and ridding the world of many sources of Occult Knowledge. Satan wishes to restore all of that, so obviously those of the "church" will do anything in their power to get people to believe that He is untrustworthy and malevolent; the disparaging thing is that, so far, they've done a pretty good job of it.

19. So you are saying the folks that came up with the concept of Satan got it wrong?

Dude, wake up, your dumber than a post!

20. Jesus people in this thread really need to read up on the church of satan.