Santa Cruz Shredder Review

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by KusH16, Feb 2, 2013.

1. #1 KusH16, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    Hey all! New here, first review.

It all started when I got a crappy aluminum grinder for $35 and knew no better. I loved it for a couple of days until I saw aluminum shards and flakes in my mix... I don't care about the scientific heating points at which things give off fumes... I don't want anything in my mix.. Fast forward I decided to put the money down on a large Santa Cruz Shredder. No buyers remorse at all with this purchase. I've only had it about a month, it is used alot. That being said its the perfect grinder... I have a black finish, large scs.

Finish 10/10
    Quality 10/10
    Durability 10/10
    Performance 10/10

Overall 10/10

Mine doesn't have a single scratch yet.
    Twisting off and on is seamless.
    The grind is fun and perfect everytime.
    Feels like you could throw it out of a moving car and it might be scuffed at best.

I wouldn't go with another. Besides the crappy one I got I will admit I am not the most knowledgable person when it comes to grinders.
    It has my recommendation.

I forgot to add it is a 4 piece! Update for anyone who doesn't doesn't know the screen was changed to a larger hole size by a little bit so more keif gets through. Works like a charm, screen is sturdy and holds a bunch.

2. #2 KusH16, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    Gotta upload pics right!? :)

Attached Files:

3. GREAT choice in a grinder. I'm seriously thinking about getting one.

The SCS along with the SpaceCase are the two top grinders on the market right now.

4. :) this is the right place to post a review right?

5. Bump just in case anyone missed it.

6. i was just looking for the top quality grinder
    dose this grinder come with the triangle kief scrapie like the space case dose?

7. Yes it does. I forgot to add it! But yes it has one!

8. My space case has gotten no love since I purchased my SCS. I like the size of the holes a lot better. Better grind. Also, the screen is top notch. Such golden fluffy kief. No crap gets through.

9. Same, so far so good on the kief. I'm patient anyways so either screen size is good. I don't expect the kief dish to fill up over night lol. But this grinder is the shit. I like my diamond grinder alot, is polycarbonate and durable but shit I might just get a medium or small 4 piece shredder for travels. One thing I don't know is if this grinder grinds fine enough for the magic flight launch box but I'm getting one of those soon so if someone knows def reply! But of not ill know in the next 2 weeks :D

10. If you ever need a finer grind for a vape, just detach the two sections with teeth. Fill the lid with the bud, and then use the second section as the, "top."

Essentially you are using them upside down, so no weed goes though. It stays in with the teeth, and you can grind it as fine as you want.

11. No it does not. The absolute best grinder for the Box is the Magic Flight Finishing Grinder. It grinds finer than just about any grinder on the market. It's actually a grater more than a grinder. Check it out on their site.

12. Yah I saw that one but looks like reviews aren't too great. I like that idea of turning the grinder upside down. That sounds like a good idea. I mean it already busts it down perfectly but I'm under the impression the MFLB requires it to be like dust lol

13. I had a 4pc ti SpaceCase. To turn it upside down, I had to take the bottom container (the one that holds the kief) off in order to keep the kief from flying back into the bud. When grinding upside down this way, some times, the teeth wouldn't align right and they'd get hung up on one another which can really dull them. I'm guessing that the reason that happened is that without the bottom plate intact, the grinder lost some of its rigidity and alignment which caused this. Don't know if this happens with other SC's or other grinders though, but it did happen with mine, which is why I sold it and got the 2pc.

Where did you read the bad reviews of MFLB's finishing grinder? I'd like to read them.

14. I'll try the upside down grinding with the scs later and post results. It's very sturdy. I'm sure the SC was too though
    I could only find a couple of reviews on the MFLB site.

15. Good review.

16. You only need the two pieces with teeth to grind upside down.

The bud chamber and kief catch should be left screwed together and set aside.

By using the sections with teeth upside down, the bud remains in the teeth grinding until you decide it's fine enough. Being the holes are now on top, it deosn't fall through. Although sometimes a piece will work it's way up and through. NO big deal, just put it back in.

Space case, SCS, Cosmic case, Mendo Mulcher...it's all the same. Only the pieces with teeth are required.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Right on :) good tip. Having second thoughts on the MFLB though. Lol the more I read the more im not sure about it. Supposed to be easier on your lungs but doesn't give you all the stuff burning does. Idk lol. Still if I need a finer grind I know how.

18. If they made titanium ones of these I would get one straight away :) Love my Space Case but there is a plenty cool factor in these to make me wanna purchase one :D and obviously the quality of these is amazing :)

19. something about them diamonds I think is really cool :)

20. I made a whole thread about this in the past because I was sick of having to explain this exact procedure to people haha

But anyways nice review OP! It came at the right time too, my LHS just got these in recently, and I've been lookin to replace my 3 year old p.o.s. grinder for a while now. glas to see it people claiming its about equal to the space case, I'm sure I can get an SC for much cheaper