San francisco...

Discussion in 'General' started by Moonstomper, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Hey GC

I was just watching forrest gump and I heard the song 'san francisco' by scott mckenzie. It got me kind of depressed.. It's winter here, just cold and no sun. It's cold most of the time of the year. Makes me want to be in some place warm, like san franciso. I was listening to the song on youtube and I saw some footage from people in the sixties..Was it really like in the movies? Was it the best time of your life? Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time here... The sixties look like a time where everything was so much more simplistic. I would have loved just travelling around, meeting people, working here and there to pay for the basics. Just going out and meeting nice people on your way, doing stuff in life that you actually like doing. I know I sound like a dreamer but it really is my dream to go to california one day to feel, just maybe, a tiny bit of what life there used to be like for some people. Makes me wonder if anyone here actually lived in the sixties. I'd really love to hear some stories :)

2. San Francisco is not warm anytime of year