Samurai Swords

Discussion in 'General' started by POTSTYLZ, Oct 10, 2006.

1. I wonder how many people here on the city own a samurai sword, or any sword for that matter? are you profficient with it? I myself own several swords, most notibly a carbide steel samurai style sword. I had it custom made, and honed to a razors edge in the japenese way (with a wet stone and about 3 weeks of sharpening, followed by leather sharpening to bring the edge to a fine line). I do own a real samurai sword, but its just for aesthetic pouroses, My grandfather took it off a japenese tank commander in 1942, off sai-pan. I am profficient with all my swords, trained in the martial arts since I was 10. I own other swords, a chinese imperial guardsmens sword, with a spring release, the movie sword from blade, and from troy, then a set of swords my dad gave me, thats a katana, the mid sized blade (I forget the term at the moment, stoned), and the sipoko knife.

2. i have a japanese sword, called the "katana"
    its a phone by sanyo, works wonderfully!
    haha
    im high...as hell

3. Ahh dude, I have 3 samurai swords! a Set, and 2 mongolian style knives. Maybe if you come close to my town, I can show them to you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, what do you think?

4. thats a nice set zimed. the set I have is similar, but with blue scabbards, and red ties. But the same end cap and bladeguard. When I come down your way I am bringing my custom made one with me, I always take it on vacation to train.

5. Yeah definatly dude. I need to train more with my katana, I am better with the short blade, and the 'wakazashi' (middle size blade). The long is difficult to master.

6. i have a set of three. i collect knives and have a growing collection of probably 60+

7. did you get that set in venice beach? they have the same exact sets for $40 a set...my friend always wanted to get one just to chop watermelons in half. haha. that set looks nice though.

POTSYLZ - my grandpa also grabbed a sword off a jap in ww2, im hopin to get my hands on it one day just to own a little piece of history

i dont do martial arts with swords, thats just too gnarly. but i love training in martial arts like mui tai, jui jitzu and judo. stuff i might actually use, i wouldnt want to learn how to use swords i might chop someones something off. haha

8. ha ha damn my grandpa also took a sword of a japanese guy in world war2! It sitting in my basement right now. Its pretty crude but its real sharp.

9. This is my collection:

[​IMG]

10. all you people are your "fancy" swords....
    [​IMG]

just playing.
    [​IMG]